Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you sort laundry?

Posted by on May. 3, 2011 at 4:40 PM
  • 9 Replies

Do you sort laundry? How do you sort it?

drowning in laundry

As a general rule I just toss whatever in the washer. On occassion when I get behind we'll be out of something so I'll do a load of just whatever we're out off (like towels or hubby's work clothes, etc)

I find clothes dry faster if it's not a load of just towels or just jeans.

Sonita - Homeschooling Mom to Ephram (7) and Malachi (4)

Mod for CafeMom-run Homeschooling Moms Group

by on May. 3, 2011 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
EddiesGirl8400
by on May. 3, 2011 at 6:34 PM
Yeah I do. Its something my mother taught me. I tried doing it the other way....but I didn't like it. My clothing seemed dingy. The whites anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gumberly
by on May. 3, 2011 at 11:08 PM

I do a little bit. I do all my 6 year olds separately, if there is enough I will break it down into jeans and everything else otherwise I just through it all in. I do my twins laundry together and will divide it into groups, jeans, dresses and more delicate stuff, and then everything else. For the adults I divide jeans and towels out and then I have a couple things that have to be done cold wash only and hung to drive so I do those last (sometimes they sit for a long while) everything else goes in together.

SimplySonita
by on May. 3, 2011 at 11:44 PM

On occassion I'll save out the whites and bleach them. But other than that....

Powered by CafeMom Toolbar - Get yours today!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on May. 4, 2011 at 12:01 AM

YUP! DH swears I shrunk his shirts...it couldn't be that he's put onweight! @@ LMAO So to make him happy I was all his shirts/pants in cold.

I have my....

white & dish towels  hot with bleach load

cold for delicates/light colors  & DH's stuff is dark colds (usually 2 loads per week)

darks in warm (mix jeans, shirts, socks, undies)

colors in warm

towels in warm

PeanutEmmynem
by on May. 4, 2011 at 11:19 AM
I sort them darks, reds, whites, towels/linens, and heavy pants. Although I really always put them on the same setting:)...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaChell
by on May. 4, 2011 at 1:32 PM

I sort mine according to what I have to wash. I start with the general whites/lights, darks, colors, then I have my own categories of; things that don't go in the dryer, things that collect lint or cause static, things that need delicate handling, and so on. When I find I don't have enough of one pile to make a load I'll improvise and mix things up. I try to wash full loads each time and only dry on delicate- my family is tall so any shrinkage in the dryer is simply not acceptable! I do not mind the sorting and the wash to dry cycle, my issues start with the folding and putting away :)

MommaChell
by on May. 4, 2011 at 1:36 PM

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

YUP! DH swears I shrunk his shirts...it couldn't be that he's put onweight! @@ LMAO So to make him happy I was all his shirts/pants in cold.

I have my....

white & dish towels  hot with bleach load

cold for delicates/light colors  & DH's stuff is dark colds (usually 2 loads per week)

darks in warm (mix jeans, shirts, socks, undies)

colors in warm

towels in warm

Hahaha, of course he didn't put on weight! Good of you to oblige him :)

SimplySonita
by on May. 4, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

rolling on floor