Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a weekly errand day?

Posted by on May. 6, 2011 at 5:02 PM
  • 14 Replies

Do you plan all your errands for one day, or spread them out?

Currently, since hubby just a got 2 months ago, our kids aren't enrolled in any extra-curriculuar things, so we don't have to go anywhere at a certian time/day, so to conserve gas, we try to stay home as much as possible then run around ALL. DAY. LONG. on Fridays. (aka-payday)

I try to have hubby's paycheck spent before he gets home! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA surprised

no, seriously, he's working through a temp agency right now (meaning he's not getting paid much....) so if I pay more than one bill or do ANYTHING extra I DO spend his check before he gets home LOL but I'm not blowing it on uselessness or anything, I pay bills and buy what we need-and the money is mostly gone before he gets off Friday afternoon most weeks...but, at least we can pay all our own bills now!

Today I paid the power bill, marked off HSLDA (which will come out before he gets paid again) and bought me and the kids some clothes.

Hubby doesn't need clothes but he does need some nice, good (aka exspensive) steel toe boots for work, so I put back $20 to go toward that and hopefully in a few weeks I'll have enough to buy him a nice pair of boots that don't hurt his feet.

Sonita - Homeschooling Mom to Ephram (7) and Malachi (4)

Mod for CafeMom-run Homeschooling Moms Group

by on May. 6, 2011 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsM121
by on May. 6, 2011 at 6:11 PM

I wish I had one day that I could just do it all on but there is always something new coming up, something forgotten so nope.

I know how what you mean about working with a temp agency.  My husband was doing that for nearly a year, it wasn't fun at all!  Hope he finds a full time job soon.  Kmart has some decent steel toe boots, hubby got a pair of boots and shoes with steel toes.

MommaChell
by on May. 6, 2011 at 7:52 PM

I use to have a day that I'd drop the two oldest off for a few hours at day-care and get all our shopping done with my littlest. Now my husband usually does the shopping on the weekends by himself and we no long have to pay a day-care cost. It works out nicely since we can make it a family event, just the two of us, or he can have some time out to himself. From time to time I venture out with all three little ones, I've got to be in the mood to tackle that one. We try and work it so we only need to make shopping trips every other weekend.

SimplySonita
by on May. 8, 2011 at 11:19 AM

I am wore out that one day though!

Sonita - Homeschooling Mom to Ephram (7) and Malachi (4) 

Mod for CafeMom-run Homeschooling Moms Group