Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a weekly errand day?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you plan all your errands for one day, or spread them out?

Currently, since hubby just a got 2 months ago, our kids aren't enrolled in any extra-curriculuar things, so we don't have to go anywhere at a certian time/day, so to conserve gas, we try to stay home as much as possible then run around ALL. DAY. LONG. on Fridays. (aka-payday)

I try to have hubby's paycheck spent before he gets home! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA surprised

no, seriously, he's working through a temp agency right now (meaning he's not getting paid much....) so if I pay more than one bill or do ANYTHING extra I DO spend his check before he gets home LOL but I'm not blowing it on uselessness or anything, I pay bills and buy what we need-and the money is mostly gone before he gets off Friday afternoon most weeks...but, at least we can pay all our own bills now!

Today I paid the power bill, marked off HSLDA (which will come out before he gets paid again) and bought me and the kids some clothes.

Hubby doesn't need clothes but he does need some nice, good (aka exspensive) steel toe boots for work, so I put back $20 to go toward that and hopefully in a few weeks I'll have enough to buy him a nice pair of boots that don't hurt his feet.

Sonita - Homeschooling Mom to Ephram (7) and Malachi (4)

Mod for CafeMom-run Homeschooling Moms Group

by on May. 6, 2011 at 5:02 PM
Replies (11-14):
LindaClement
by on May. 20, 2011 at 12:34 PM

Depends on the kind of errands. If I have to get in the car, I like to do as many in one place at one time as possible... but if I can walk, I like to spread them out over the days.

What I did, though, from when the kids were very young, was insist on one day 'off' --no scheduled plans, no errands, no classes or activiites that involved timing. We could go out or stay home, but we couldn't make arrangements in advance. I felt our weeks were so often consumed by the calendar, that one day off of all schedules was necessary as a balance.

Liansmommie
by on May. 20, 2011 at 3:36 PM

We don't have a set schedule. We can work school around anything that comes up so we kind of just flow.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2011 at 9:46 AM

We live 50 miles from town, so my errand days are 1-2 times a month, and I pack in everything I possibly can!

thedixongang
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:07 PM

I run errands & participate in co-op on Fridays.  We do the bulk of our schoolwork Momday -Wednesday, with Thursday being a bit lighter and Friday mainly for review & a little reading aside from co-op.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)