Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschool Storage

Posted by on May. 12, 2011 at 1:38 PM
  • 36 Replies

I saw this pic on a blog that Sonita recommended; http://almostunschoolers.blogspot.com/search/label/homeschool%20tips Good stuff, btw :)

It got me thinking about my own homeschool storage methods and how I could improve them- I had to laugh upon seeing this since it's pretty much MY closet, haha! So lets have it Ladies, what are your tips and secrets for storing your homeschool supplies. Share pics, Ideas products, whatevers working for you....who knows, we all might be able to learn a thing or two, isn't that what homeschooling is all about? :)

I highly recommend the over the door storage pockets, so helpful! Her's is way cooler than mine, since it's clear; gotta get me one.

by on May. 12, 2011 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaChell
by on May. 12, 2011 at 5:28 PM

I enjoy browsing online for ideas, etc. This blog entry has great pics for organization and such, as well as lots of pictures; http://www.lovesschool.com/2010/08/not-back-to-school-blog-hop-our-school.html 

It's fun to sneak peaks into other family's homeschool set ups!

SimplySonita
by on May. 13, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Only a homeschooler would have that much glue! LOL

I'll have to take a pic next week of our cabinet in the classrooom but I'm a big fan of the clear storage drawers

Sonita - Homeschooling Mom to Ephram (7) and Malachi (4)

Mod for CafeMom-run Homeschooling Moms Group

Win a SmartKlean Laundry Ball-a $45 value!

MommaChell
by on May. 14, 2011 at 11:59 AM

The clear storage drawers ARE great! I look forward to having more space in the near future for more such drawers. For now I'm a closet cramming, hanging organizer stuffing, bookshelf installing, pack-rat! shhI plan on doing some storage shopping soon, which means I'm looking for some good and inventive ideas.

Gumberly
by on May. 14, 2011 at 1:59 PM
We have little bitty house so my storage is in my bedroom. I have shelves from ikea that I use along one wall. At the end of the year I have to box up the curriculum to make space, which works for now but when my twins are ready for school I will have to search out more storage space.
ToraMay
by on May. 18, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Oh cool!

mamadowns
by on May. 18, 2011 at 3:04 PM

I need ideas!! I'm not very organized and I need to be!!  The picture is awesome might do that and I will also be staying tuned to this post for more ideas!

Roadfamily6now
by on May. 18, 2011 at 5:16 PM

wow! that's awesome. I have a few places scattered through the house. Time to get organized!

jeng1980
by Member on May. 18, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Oh my!  My classroom is a MESS right now.  I started organizing a few weeks ago and it come to a screeching halt when the family decided to ALL get sick.  I will begin my great organizing project next week though as Friday is our last day of school for a few weeks.  I will also be staying tuned to this post for ideas.  I will be working on getting me an over the door organizer like this one though.  VERY COOL!

TroyboysMom
by on May. 19, 2011 at 5:05 AM

I have a 6 shelf bookcase on one wall, in the corner, that has our texts and games, with the two lower shelves devoted to manipulative storage (It looks like this: bookcase) . I also have to large clear storage drawer units along the same wall, one with three drawers, (like this: three drawers), and one with more drawers (kind of like this: more drawers.). Papers, craft materials, and paints are stored in the large three drawers, and smaller craft materials, pencils, glue, crayons, and other shmutz go in the "more drawers" unit. I keep binders with lesson planning/curriculum/etc. in my bedroom bookshelves, and relevant readers are kept in a basket on top of one the drawer sets.

ETA: I just looked at that link above, and her set-up is similar to ours.

ziff130
by on May. 19, 2011 at 7:04 AM
I need to keep an eye on this site. I've been doing preschool which doesn't require much but start K in the fall for my oldest so we're going to have text books and supplies out the wazoo!! I will need ideas for a our little 1000 sq ft home of 4 ppl. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN