Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How "plugged-in" are your kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do your kids have their own tech devices e.g. cellphones, laptops? How much time do they spend on them? What are their privileges like? 

by on May. 15, 2011 at 3:03 PM
Edited by
Replies (21-23):
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2015 at 10:09 AM
10 yo DS has a cellphone and has for a couple of years. He also has his own laptop, 3DS, xbox, kindle, nintendo, and even an atari. We have a ps2 but it isn't hooked up right now. For all of that he spends the most time outside playing or building with his legos. I don't set time limits, he is very good at self-regulating his online time.
by Member on Oct. 11, 2015 at 2:11 PM
My 9 and 7 year old do have all in one computers for computer work. Then tablets for when we travel for school. They have a ps3 and wii that never get used but were gifts. They do use their 3ds' on trips.
by Member on Oct. 12, 2015 at 10:03 AM

My son has my old cell phone ( he uses it like an Ipod it doesnt have cellservice but he can Imessage his family Me and dad and grandparents)

He also has a Xbox and a Laptop. THe laptop he uses Math (we use teaching Textbooks) and Youtube. He youtubes everything from how to make pancakes to how to build a mod in minecraft.... He doesnt really ever watch TV I would say that all together maybe 2 hours a day 4 days a week. 

He really barely uses the Xbox only once in a while if friends come over or if he has a new game.

I was worried about it at first but he really only likes the phone at night to listen to like soundscapes to sleep and youtube videos every now and again. And take a million pictures of his brother LOL. I would say he spends less than an hour on his phone a day and most 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN