Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Local Homeschooling Groups?

Posted by on May. 19, 2011 at 7:16 PM
  • 29 Replies

I was just wondering how many of y'all belong to a local homeschooling group? Or have you started your own?  Or have you thought about starting your own?

by on May. 19, 2011 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LovemyQ
by on May. 19, 2011 at 7:33 PM

I WANT to belong to a group, but am having a hard time finding one around me. I ask all over and they give me the days the homeschoolers come in, but no one has a name or number I can call. Guess I am going to have to show up at an event and just start talking!

dreamingmind
by on May. 19, 2011 at 8:05 PM

I have tried but I just cant seem to find the right group of peeps. I am not your ordinary Christian mom and have a more liberal idealogy i guess.

dreamingmind
by on May. 19, 2011 at 8:05 PM

Anyone in socal?

ziff130
by on May. 19, 2011 at 8:10 PM

I am!! I found them on yahoo groups!! :) They meet for park days every week, field trips and even have moms night out once a month. Awesome!! :)

SouthernMama08
by on May. 19, 2011 at 8:30 PM

We have the same problem I think.  The only group around me I can find is a Christian based group, and where that's fine and all, I'm jut not your ordinary Christian. :-)

Quoting dreamingmind:

I have tried but I just cant seem to find the right group of peeps. I am not your ordinary Christian mom and have a more liberal idealogy i guess.

cedailey
by on May. 19, 2011 at 11:07 PM

I'm in one IRL group and 2 online groups locally.  My IRL group is a christian group that I ran into at the park one week (it was their parkday) and I just never left.  The funny part is that I'm not even christian, but they are pretty broad spectrum (catholic, eastern orthodox, baptist, etc) so it hasn't been a problem.  Of course I tend to make it a point to avoid what might be touchy topics.

Liansmommie
by on May. 20, 2011 at 3:55 PM

I found our local group at yahoo. Google works well.

SimplySonita
by on May. 20, 2011 at 4:16 PM

We 'belong' to several but I mostly use their e-loops for info about local events that are good for homeschoolers....

We have a ton of homeschoolers near me...just with my hubby being out of work for 2 years, we're trying to get back on our feet before we commit to a weekly meeting when we might not be able to afford gas every week.

Sonita -Mom to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)

~Click to win your own SmartKlean Laundry ball! A $45 value! (Ends 5/23)