Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

This homeschooling was a surprise, and I feel like a failure..help

Posted by on May. 20, 2011 at 2:20 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok, so I have to admit, I had thought about it, before.

My youngest son who has aspergers, anxiety, adhd, and depression, suffered, emotionally going to school, however, I knew the social aspect was needed and I am not a teacher, a great caregiver,but not a teacher.  I am trying to re enroll in school myself and my 9 year old twins (one of them Im homeschooling) have me blown out of the water in many areas of intelligence.

So, I am looking for a self contained program, on line, interactive, for elemetary students, my son was being sexually molested at school by another student and they refused to do anything, so of course he is home with me.  I take care of my Mother during the day, and I thought I was losing it before, ...now I have no SPACE, He is great on computers, and money may be an issue I am in mediation with the district and may be able to get them to pay.

Thanks,

Alicia

by on May. 20, 2011 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
oredeb
by on May. 20, 2011 at 3:12 PM

alicia, maybe your school has an online program?

one ive heard of i think is called k12 i hear some states its free, i dont really know anything about it. i think this is it  http://www.k12.com/

found another one http://www.k-12freehomeschool.org/

debbie

Liansmommie
by on May. 20, 2011 at 3:26 PM

I have a seven year old with Asperger's and other issues. We have been with Connection Academy for two years and we love it. It has the best teacher support and the curriculum is free. It offers plenty of flexibility for how to teach the material or you can go by the lesson plans offered.

connectionsacademy.com

PandoraRobin
by on May. 22, 2011 at 3:02 PM

Connections Academy and K-12 are both great programs. We've use Connections for two years and plan to use it next year also. A friend down the road from us uses K-12 for her daughter and has had no problems. You can also check Time4Learning.com. Time 4 Learning does cost but it is a good program. I hope things work out for you.

MrsM121
by on May. 22, 2011 at 4:44 PM

Connections Academy was my first thought.  I had a son there before and I'm planning on putting my daughter in there for her highschool years.  They work with you one on one and the teachers/school officials were easy to reach for me. 

I'm also using Time4Learning again with my youngest.  My daughter used it for a while and enjoyed it and my son loves it so far.

Connections Academy is an online public school and Time4Learning cost me $20 a month for my son.

AbundanceMagnet
by on May. 24, 2011 at 3:43 AM

Hi Alicia!  2 of my 4 boys have learning disabilities.  One being on the Autism Spectrum.  Homeschooling has been a huge challenge for us!  My children were also in school before (what a mess)  We have gone back and forth with Time4Learning but also we are always trying new workbooks as some work for a while, then they don't.  LOL  Its always a back and forth process it seems.  I would def give Time4Learning a shot.  Connections Academy, K12, all of those are good as well, though getting in is sometimes a challenge. We used Connections with one of the boys for K before public school and loved them!   I know we tried to get back in when I first pulled the boys out of public school but because of budget cuts ,they weren't accepting new students and then when they finally were we had already been out of school a year and they must have gone to public school previous school year to be enrolled, so we were out of luck :(    I'm sorry I'm not much help but if you ever need someone to talk with, would love to chat.  I understand the challenges <hugs>

Carey

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)