Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Leapster 2 od DS?

Posted by on May. 22, 2011 at 11:13 AM
  • 3 Replies

Poll

Question: Leapster 2 or DS?

Options:

Leapster 2

DS

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 4

View Results

It's NEVER too early to start thinking about Christmas...at least in my mind...LOL!  Last Christmas my son got a Fisher-Price iXL....which he LOVED! For about 4 months.  He mastered the games quickly, and now doesn't play it.  To be honest, when I bought it for him, I was expecting MORE out of the games.  They seem a litle boring. 

Anyhow, I wanted to upgrade him to something new this Christmas.  But I'm not sure to go with a Leapster 2, which he LOVES playing with at the store....or a DS (which YES, they do have edutainment games for, you just have to really look for them)

I don't want him to get bored again.

Oh, He'll be 4 years old, two weeks after Christmas.  He LOVES my iPod (been playing it by himself since 2 years), and he also loves playing his computer game (which he can get too by himself).

What are your thoughts?  Pros and cons of both?

by on May. 22, 2011 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
So_Blessed7
by on May. 22, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Very interested in the replies you get. Our son will be 4 in September and I was thinking he might like one of these for Christmas too!

cedailey
by on May. 22, 2011 at 5:10 PM

We have a leapster 2 for our younger kids (and a Didj for the oldest, which is fantastic, wish it had little kids games).  There are so many games because they can also use the old leapster games which gives you a lot more choice, and they can be gotten CHEAP, so you can get more.  It can hook up to your computer for extra levels and games, and it keeps you informed on how they are doing.  For example- how much your child has used the machine, how much time on any one game.  What sort of things are they getting wrong? Like in a letter game it can say, lowercase 9/10 correct uppercase letters 2/10 correct. So you know what might need a little tweak.

Also, it is impossible for your child to get his hands on an inappropriate game. Period.  That is not true for the DS.

SouthernMama08
by on May. 22, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Ok....so I decided!  Thanks to a lady in another board....I've decided on the LeapPad Explorer!!

http://thetechjournal.com/electronics/tablet/leappad-explorer-tablet.xhtml

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)