Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Two nearly Three year old twins. Looking for advice.

I'm just looking for some advice on what I should do with my twins. I would like to do something a bit scheduled and sit down but I really don't have any idea of what to do. My husband would like me to do homeschooling. Me, I would like to send them off to headstart but he thinks that will only lead them down the wrong path. He is a REAL christian. Homeschooling scares the heck out of me. 

Trying to be the best mom and follower of Christ. Please feel free to help me in anyway you see fit. I love to try to make new friends.

by on May. 22, 2011 at 11:07 PM
Replies (11-13):
PandoraRobin
by on Jun. 9, 2011 at 1:23 PM

Preschool is a great way to get started with homeschool since you really don't have to be to formal. Lots of fun things to do that don't take much to get organized. We do flashcards (colors, shapes, numbers, alphabet), drawing and coloring, educational videos, playing with blocks, reading, take walks, etc. We also use ABCMouse.com  My middle son will be 3 at the end of June and his brother turns two the next day. Most important is to enjoy the time with your children.

MedicMommy
by on Jun. 9, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Just do baby steps for now. When DS was that age, he LOVED starfall.com (or.net, I don't remember) Teach them letters and sounds.

It really isn't that bad!

PS...He's no more CHristian than you :)

MommaChell
by on Jun. 10, 2011 at 1:49 PM

READING! Read plenty of picture books with big lettering that you can read to your Little's pointing out the words (as much as you can, lol) as you read along. Look for baby board books, 1st readers, level A's, level PK's, or level K's. Nursery Rhymes, rhyming books, and books that incorporate numbers and counting are wonderful. Watch their shows interactively with them and point our things referring to them by name. These are two simple and easy activities that should be easy for you to fit into your day at least once or twice. Reading is the most fundamental thing for your children to grasp outside of the more personal teachings, i.e. faith, morals, hygiene, responsibility, etc. Right now you're children are learning their environment and how they fit into it. Get them familiar with the alphabet and numbers 1-20 by simple exposure. Fit it around your schedule and build on it as you learn. Bests~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)