Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

New to the Group........

Posted by on May. 25, 2011 at 2:54 PM
  • 10 Replies

but not to homeschooling.  I have been home schooling my children since my 18 year old was going to start high school.  It is dangerous here.  My oldest son got hit in the head with a ball bat and neither the school nor the police department wanted to do anything about it.  So that was his last year as he quit and  moved to Missouri and that next year the girls were starting high school so I did my home work and found an on-line school.  The kids' grades went up and now they are much happier than what they were before.  

Lovin' Wife of John & Proud Momma to Ashley-23 (Lovin' Wife to Pat & Momma to Liam), Matt-21,Tim-20,Tasha-18, Becca-16, Davy-14, Tommy-8 & Elijah-2yrs. & Gramma of Sarah-4 & Liam-23mos.

by on May. 25, 2011 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AbundanceMagnet
by on May. 25, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Welcome!  I'm new here as well, been homescholing a few years now.  I have 4 boys 11, 9, 7, and 2!  Look forward to getting to know you!!!

Carey

swim-mom72
by on May. 25, 2011 at 4:47 PM

Wow, I bet you have loads of great stories and advice! So glad you joined.

Crystal

oredeb
by on May. 25, 2011 at 6:08 PM

hi and welcome, ladyluke, thats great that you were able to teach your kids at home!

debbie

MommaChell
by on May. 25, 2011 at 10:01 PM

What a blessing with you're children's grades and happiness! Thanks for sharing a little about yourself, I look forward to getting to know you better.

AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Welcome to the group

ladyluke2007
by on May. 25, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Thanks ladies.......:).......yeah, I have a few stories I can share, but it is mostly of my son Tommy.  He is my challenge!  lol  He is ADHD!  He wants so bad to be "normal" so I talked to my pastor and he suggested a prayer cloth, Tommy keeps it pinned to his shirt were no one can bother it or to the inside of his pocket.  I told him that that God was his pal and he could call on Him anytime that he needed Him.  I don't know how you all feel about it but I needed to boost his self confidence.  We just started Sunday and a few days he has called his pal, God a few times for strength.

AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2011 at 11:31 PM

That's neat! Thanks for sharing. 

Quoting ladyluke2007:

Thanks ladies.......:).......yeah, I have a few stories I can share, but it is mostly of my son Tommy.  He is my challenge!  lol  He is ADHD!  He wants so bad to be "normal" so I talked to my pastor and he suggested a prayer cloth, Tommy keeps it pinned to his shirt were no one can bother it or to the inside of his pocket.  I told him that that God was his pal and he could call on Him anytime that he needed Him.  I don't know how you all feel about it but I needed to boost his self confidence.  We just started Sunday and a few days he has called his pal, God a few times for strength.

KDBeckham
by on May. 26, 2011 at 8:43 AM

Well hello! I am new homeschooler, I will be this coming year...we live in SC and it is dangerous here...we are finishing up our 1st and last year of ps. You are one that I can definitely learn from!

SimplySonita
by on May. 26, 2011 at 9:24 AM

welcome

We just finished our first year homeschooling! We have a great little group here, glad to have you as a part of it!

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)