Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

about video games....

Posted by on May. 25, 2011 at 9:57 PM
  • 12 Replies

I've been thinking of looking into video games & systems for my pre-ks (4 & 3yrs). I believe they'd do really well if I could find something simple for them. I'd like to find something that would be easy for both of them to operate (controllers that is) and be something I can enjoy playing with them. I'm wanting another fun option for learning and enjoyment for the family. Any suggestions/experienced opinions welcome! 

by on May. 25, 2011 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SouthernMama08
by on May. 25, 2011 at 10:23 PM

The Wii.  It's got a lot of child friendly games.  And a lot of them you just move the control.  We have one.

Now, the Xbox has xbox kinect system out...which I WANT!  You are the control!  Nothing to hold, you just move around. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/kinect

I haven't used the Kinect, so I'm not sure how cool it is, but it looks cool!

misselphaba
by on May. 25, 2011 at 11:17 PM

My 3 year old nephew can do both the Wii and the Nintendo DS with no problems.  My daughter is 5 and she can do them pretty well too.

KelleyBamboo
by on May. 25, 2011 at 11:36 PM
My 2.5 year old son LOVES the wii.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessdmommy
by on May. 26, 2011 at 8:03 AM

my 3 yo loves the wii. he likes the DS as well, but he only uses his older sibling's - we couldn't afford to get him one of his own just yet. Fisher Price makes an iXL (like an older kid system, but w/ mostly educational stuff, and not quite as elaborate) - it is cheaper and more kid proof - we got him one last Christmas and he really likes that. Happy shopping!! :)

SimplySonita
by on May. 26, 2011 at 10:07 AM

We have a PS2 and a Wii.

My 4 year old can not work the PS2 but he can work the Wii.

He plays Mario Kart, many of the Wii Sprots games and Toy Story.

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)