Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you have a set homeschool schedule or are you the "see where the day takes us" kind of homeschooler?

If you do have a schedule, please share. 

by on May. 26, 2011 at 12:40 AM
Replies (11-20):
TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2011 at 9:55 AM

We have a basic framework, because I have one with special needs who really has trouble if her routine is disrupted.  We are not minute to minute though.

When the girls get up in the morning, they have breakfast, do their devotions, and shower.  Then they do their math independently, and we either eat lunch, or go to group lesson, depending what time it is.  Some days we're done by noon, and some days we have an afternoon session.  

mamaof2n1angel
by on May. 27, 2011 at 10:13 AM

we have  a schedule. My husband made  it for me  as so that i  can stay  focus on both homeschooling and  house work.. and  it  does  help/ school starts at 9 till 11 am  break for lunch  at  12oo then  from 3-5 school again. mind you i am up at 6 am.. feeding cats at 7 (have a diabetic cat)and then i go to bed at  10 pm

oredeb
by on May. 27, 2011 at 11:54 AM

schedule

7 get up make beds eat chores

8 start with prayer and singing , reading some verses

8:30 or so math

9 or 930 language arts

10 start on unit study

12 or 1 done with school!

chores fun play more fun

5 or 6 eat dinner

9 or 10 bed

Xakana
by on May. 27, 2011 at 3:03 PM

No schedule here. Antithetical to who we are ;)

JenA123
by on May. 28, 2011 at 8:41 PM

we are still in trial and error mode, but this is what our schedule looks like...we will be making some changes though as I hope to incorporate work boxes.... we basically have a staret time and then an alloted amount of time for each subject, it can go less time (if we get done), but I try not to go more time...(unless he is into it).

8:00 start with prayer and scripture study 10min

Chinese (MWF) 15min

History (MW) 30min

Art and Music (T, Th) 20min each

Writing 10min

Reading/Phonics 30min

Read Aloud 30min

Science 30min

That's the plan for now, we put it to the REAL test on the 6th of June.  lol I give myself the time limit though b/c I have found in teh past making him do something until he finishes was INEFFECTIVE!  We have less subjects on T and Th b/c we typically have co-op or other activities, and then F is a catch up day.  

the plan is to be done by noon (except for read aloud)...then we have lunch, I put the two youngest to nap, and then read aloud with my oldest before his rest time/quiet time.

CheyenneRose
by on May. 29, 2011 at 3:38 PM

This is our daily schedule Monday- Friday

8:30 Devotions

9:00 Curriculum Studies

10:30 Break

10:45 Curriculum Studies

12:00 Lunch

12:30 Complete core course studies and allow time for electives/vocational training

estop
by on Jun. 8, 2011 at 3:06 PM

http://www.estop4.com/schedule.htm

we have a strict schedule

MommaChell
by on Jun. 9, 2011 at 12:07 AM

It's so interesting to see your different schedules. It makes me wonder what our daily routine will look like in a year or so. For now, it seems like I'm just trying to keep up!

wowguildmomma
by on Jun. 9, 2011 at 12:29 AM

We are a special needs family. right now we are working with a loose schedule cause we are transitioning from Public schooling to homeschooling. to make the transition smoother we went ahead and let DS1 and DD finish the school year. They got out of school on a friday and by Sat afternoon were screaming they wanted school so we started doing lessons the following monday. Right now just kinda running with no set curriculum while we spend the summer compiling lesson plans and such for the fall. Mardels is having a sell next month on all educational stuff so we will go get the things we need from there then.

BritRose
by on Jun. 9, 2011 at 12:45 AM

I have been wondering about schedules too since we are just starting out.  I tend to be a planner, and our state requires that the kids go the equal amount of hours as the public school, but life happens and we end up flying by the seat of our pants.  Ive been told that we can count just about everything, including church activities, so Im not to worried about the time.  With working part time its going to be interresting getting it worked out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN