Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Muzzy for almost 3 year old?

Posted by on May. 27, 2011 at 11:11 PM
  • 5 Replies

My dd is almost 3 years old and loves words.  She's very articulate and I keep hearing this from strangers!  I guess I never thought of it being outside the norm because she's my first healthy kid and I didn't really have anything close to her age to gauge "normal."  Until today, she'd only once ever repeated a Spanish word from Dora.  Then, while we were walking to the park, she spouts of, "dos, tres, cuatro, cinco, seis" like she's known them forever!  She only gets one episode of Dora a day, the rest of the time we just read books and play, but she picks up words so quickly, from books and even TV (yes, I know, TV is the devil at this age).

Anyway, on to my question.  Has anyone used Muzzy or a similar program, especially with one this age?  Since she seems interested in Spanish at the moment, I figure why not encourage it!  I'll check at the library tomorrow to see if they have any videos like that.

Thanks, ladies!
Clara

homeschool 

Happy momma and natural birth, homeschooling, and ERF advocate!
by on May. 27, 2011 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MommaChell
by on May. 28, 2011 at 9:57 AM

That's awesome that she's so quick to retain such things. We have some Spanish DVDs and toys, etc, but nothing like the program you shared, it looks neat. Here's a BUMP for you.

sweetserenit292
by Member on May. 28, 2011 at 11:58 AM

I have Muzzy Spanish edition for my boys.  My oldest is 3 and youngest is 2.  My husband's native language is Spanish and says that the program is pretty close to the spoken language.  My 3 year old loves it.  He has picked up some of the language just from watching the video. There are some parts that my son doesn't care for but you the option of selecting which lesson is watched.   I must say,as a non native speaker, some of the parts are spoken very quickly.  I think I paid 30 dollars for Muzzy, but I got it off of E-bay. 

JenA123
by on May. 28, 2011 at 7:49 PM

we used Muzzy Chinese...but we weren't thrilled with it...but for Spanish it would totally work.  My friend just was askin for recs on spanish DVDs, Little Pim is suppose to be good to.    

(it didn't work for chinese b/c it has an alphabet in the show and chinese does not, so it was a totally wasted episode).  But we hav eused lots of different DVD's for chinese with our kids at young ages!

peanut06
by on May. 29, 2011 at 1:14 AM

Wow, that Little Pim looks really neat!  And, even directly from the company, it's affordable, but even more so on ebay.  Have to get on hubby to let me order it LOL

LostTheSlipper
by Member on May. 29, 2011 at 3:39 AM

Get the whistlefritz DVDs. Love them! (There's only a few so far though.)

http://www.whistlefritz.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOjiAHVxPGY

PS You can get them on Amazon. I think they're a bit cheaper but check out their site and the youtube previews.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)