Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Summer Activities

Posted by on May. 28, 2011 at 6:46 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hi Ladies!  Do any of you use outside programs for summer activities?  My older 3 (11, 9, 7) will be attending summer camp this year.  They start June 13th.... 5 days a week 7:30am-6pm for 10weeks!  This is new to us but they are very excited!  I was just wondering if anyone else had anything like this planned?

Carey 

by on May. 28, 2011 at 6:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MommaChell
by on May. 28, 2011 at 9:53 AM

My kids are pre-ks so nothing similar planned, just our unstructured summer fun, but here's a BUMP!

LostTheSlipper
Today is a "blah" day.
Yesterday at 6:40 PM
by Member on May. 29, 2011 at 3:52 AM

DS starts a summer camp at a local church for one week next week with those hours. He's got swim lessons late afternoon the following two weeks and may have a VBS week (mornings) which would have been a sure thing if the church we normally go through for VBS hadn't changed their hours. He also has a week of "sports camp" which is a two hour program in the mornings for a week at the end of June. We (he) will be busy.

He's an "only" so I try to get him out and about a lot during the summer.

CheyenneRose
by on May. 29, 2011 at 7:48 AM

We are planning little family outings but we don't plan anything major until the winter months. The way we have their hs set up is they are off late November-February.

Annehart
by on May. 30, 2011 at 9:47 AM

Even though we do school year  'round, we have time for family outings to the beach, hiking or camp outs.  My kids (both teens now) usually attend Bible camp for a week, and my son has scout camp and various outings through out the year.

MedicMommy
by on May. 30, 2011 at 9:53 AM

We don't have anything major planned for Wyatt. I'm actually still going to be working full time until Mid-August, so we will do some day trips. We are going to the beach in mid July and I'm going to surprise DH with a vow renewal after a VERY tough year in our marriage

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on May. 30, 2011 at 10:33 AM
We also do summer camp but not day camps all summer like OP.

All 3 kids will go for a week to church camp.

The boys and I will go to boy scout camp for a week. DD will spend the week with Grandma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2011 at 6:49 AM

3 of our kids will go to church camps.  The youngest has another year to go, so she and her oldest sister will stay with us while the middle two go to kids' camp, then our teenager will head to "Summit" the next week, after the other girls come back.  

We have lots of projects around the house, the summer reading program at the library, the town pool (if it's not broken), the sprinkler, hikes around the area, trips to town to go to the big library or other activities, the park....there's plenty to do!

I will still be reading with them, and some math each week, because I don't want them to forget things!  Their friends will also be out of school, so they will be able to play with them.

FlyHippie
by on Jun. 1, 2011 at 9:19 AM

My 13 year old is at camp this week. He LOOOOVES it...and I love it for him, but hate having to explain to people that say "oh, where is your kid?" "he's at camp..." because they then always ask

What camp?

And I have to answer, then see the confused look on their face and then go into .... 

Yes. He's at a Christian camp. yes. We're Buddhist. yes...it's okay...all good...

and half the time, people want to debate me! DANG IT! LOL

But yes, camp...then we still do school, but he has more time off usually in the summer...a little bit...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)