Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Supplies

Posted by on May. 31, 2011 at 12:16 PM
  • 18 Replies

Where do you purchase most of your homeschooling supplies?

Do you have any bargain websites you frequent that you'd like to share with the other moms? 

by on May. 31, 2011 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BusCaptainMama
by on May. 31, 2011 at 12:24 PM
Walmart, Dollar Tree, thrift stores
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by debbie on May. 31, 2011 at 12:36 PM

hi!

i buy my supplies when i need them at the beginning of the school year in sept. all the pencils paper erasers etc are all on sale, that could be any store in town! they all seem to compete pretty good!

if theres any games i need i go to salvation army, good will, any thrift store, some times i find binders and bundles of art stuff or school stuff at these places

my big rolls of newsprint ends i get at the newspaper office very cheap!

FlyHippie
by on May. 31, 2011 at 12:42 PM

No....I look on rainbow resources...and then will look on amazon to see if there's a used version of a book or something...but no real bargain places that I have!

We have half priced books here...which are huge stores of used books and I have bought SO MUCH curriculum, books, etc. there. It's our "go to" place for sure.

Christine0813
by on May. 31, 2011 at 1:20 PM

Wal-Mart or Education Ave.

swim-mom72
by on May. 31, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Other than what has already been mentioned, I will add my favorite supply store online

http://www.millerpadsandpaper.com/

And of course, the dollar bins @Target :)

SimplySonita
by on May. 31, 2011 at 1:53 PM

Dollar tree, dollar general, family dollar, amazon.com, etc.

I stock up on paper and pencils and such from office stores during the huge back to school sales. Last year I got enough printer paper to last us all of last year and probably most of this year for only $0.01 per pack! YES only a penny a pack!

I also got enough pencils to last for probably 3 years also for a penny a pack.

I bought a big dry erase board at Sams on sale.

I bought a years worth of crayons for $0.25/pack at Kroger last year at back to school time.

The only thing I underestimated was how much glue and tape we use...

I've bought glue several times throughout the year already...we do a lot of hands on projects, make everyone cards for their birthdays etc.

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)