Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where do you purchase most of your homeschooling supplies?

Do you have any bargain websites you frequent that you'd like to share with the other moms? 

by on May. 31, 2011 at 12:16 PM
Replies (11-18):
eeyore11262
by on Jun. 1, 2011 at 10:36 AM

I get my curriculum from Alpha Omega and we use Life Pac.  We really enjoy this one.  I usually get the supplies rom walmart near the back to school sale time.  My husband works there and I give him a list of what I need and he brings it home to me with a discount and all.  Why should I fight that crowd when he is already there?  Two years ago he bought a case of composition book that were on sale for 10 centsd each and we are still using them.  We got a wonderful buy and haven't had to buy them again for two years!!!

FlyHippie
by on Jun. 1, 2011 at 10:57 AM

You know...I have a friend that uses junk mail for her paper. They use the backs of it. She's a super environmentalist so doesn't want to waste. She absolutely uses and reuses everything and homeschools for MUCH cheaper than we do!

Just thought I'd throw that out there for anyone who hadn't thought of that...it's a thought! Doesn't waste!

MommaChell
by on Jun. 1, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Everyone's pretty much covered my "go-to's" for supplies in their posts, but I did learn a few new ones; Thanks all :)

mamaof2n1angel
by on Jun. 1, 2011 at 9:11 PM

i have an office suplly  teachers rewards  card.. stples  does a teacher's card  as well.  walmart   biglotts  and  that  

Melissa6705
by on Jun. 1, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Quoting MommaChell:

Everyone's pretty much covered my "go-to's" for supplies in their posts, but I did learn a few new ones; Thanks all :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TroyboysMom
by on Jun. 2, 2011 at 6:46 AM

We have used book stores associated with our libraries here, and you can get things amazingly cheap! Two books for a dollar, cheap! We've gotten the Disney's Tall Tales and Legends DVD from there, which went so well with history and myth and legend this last year, and I also scored some wonderful resource books!

Other than that, I use the same places everyone else has mentioned. Although, I really should stock up at BTS time a little more than we do!

blessdmommy
by on Jun. 2, 2011 at 8:20 AM

I have an educator card for staples...bring used ink cartridges in for a $2 rebate each month (they will take up to 10, so can get $20 per month)...then use those for what I need. A Barnes and Noble educator card will get you 20% off (I live a distance from there so don't use as often as I'd like). Christianbook online has good deals, as does amazon marketplace. Some books have to come directly from publisher, unless you get them used...there are lots of yahoo and other groups that sell used curriculum (when I have my act together, I sell on these to make some money for my own books :))

twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2011 at 1:22 AM

Quoting BusCaptainMama:

Walmart, Dollar Tree, thrift stores

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)