Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Setting up playdates

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 10:52 AM
  • 10 Replies
I have a social butterfly...she loves playdates! I love having people over too but it seems like when I ask the mom about a playdate like I am asking them out on a date. It is so nerve-wracking sometimes....do you get that too?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 11:03 AM

hahah never been asked to a playdate!!hahaha not even sure what one is!!

Melissa6705
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 11:07 AM
Lol...a playdate where you ask the mom and daughter or son over to your house so the kids can play and the moms can talk.

Quoting oredeb:

hahah never been asked to a playdate!!hahaha not even sure what one is!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 11:15 AM

hahah well thats simple!! you'd think moms would want to do that!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jun. 6, 2011 at 11:29 AM
Most of my friends are my scout families... it just happened..let's come play!... lol

That has tuurned into a walking group 2-3x a week, Girls nights out, tonight my gals are coming to make chicken enchilladas...last time a food night happened we ended up with about 14 kids in the house!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Xakana
Happy book release day to me! Predators, the fourth book in my Lost Humanity series, was released today! Yay!
Yesterday at 3:41 PM
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 8:09 AM

No, but it's just such a part of the parenting group that I belong to! To me, it's no different than asking a friend to hang out or going to hang out with a new friend to get to know them.

Melissa6705
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 9:22 AM
We are on meetup.com. too. I really like it.

Quoting Sarahsmommy1008:

Yes, I felt that way, too! 

Fortunately, I found a playdate Meetup group in my area and it makes it much more impersonal - I ask the group to attend my playdate or respond to the group if I want to attend their playdate - not quite as personal!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaChell
by on Jun. 9, 2011 at 1:03 AM

Quoting Melissa6705:

We are on meetup.com. too. I really like it.

Quoting Sarahsmommy1008:

Yes, I felt that way, too! 

Fortunately, I found a playdate Meetup group in my area and it makes it much more impersonal - I ask the group to attend my playdate or respond to the group if I want to attend their playdate - not quite as personal!

I'm thinking about joining one and I'm hesitant. I joined one before my last son was born and didn't have a good experience :S The moms all only had one or two children with big age gaps between them, So it was a bunch of infants and older kid, with 1 or 2 exceptions. The moms were also, not very freindly, which confused me since it was a meet up group *shrug*. I'm hoping things will be different this time.

twinstartermom
by on Jun. 9, 2011 at 1:07 AM

I get it ALL the time. I ask and they are just too busy. I end up just giving up and being bored at home with the kids.

MedicMommy
by on Jun. 9, 2011 at 6:02 PM

OMGosh, I totally feel the same way. I get all nervous and start thinking "What if she doesnt' like me? What if I don't like her?"

*Sigh

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 10, 2011 at 5:52 AM

Honestly I'm a very social open person so I don't feel nervous asking people to get together, but I can understand where one would.  Maybe start out doing it as a group thing that way everyone is talking, not just trying to have a convo one on one?  Might help break the ice a bit... Good Luck!  Playdates ROCK

Carey

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)