Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Handing in my resignation today (PIOG)

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 6:28 AM
  • 5 Replies

I stayed home for a while, then DH and I were separating. Well, our marriage is better, and we both feel that, for our family, it's best to stay home. I'm really excited, but, I love my job (most days). I love the people I work with. I love my patients. This is so hard for me, even though I really do want to stay home, and it helps that DH really wants it too. (Probably more than me, lol)

My resignation isn't even going to be effective until August, unless they find someone sooner. I just feel...I don't know. Sad.

It's very bittersweet for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to homeschooling next year. I can't wait to feel like my house is finally back in order (sometimes...HA!) I have sewing/crochet/scrapbooking projects piled up that I will have more time for. I know that it won't all get done, because, best of all, I'll have more time for my family.

I know I'm rambling, but...I'm just full of mixed emotions right now. I just remember Wyatt (5) looking at me and saying that I never have time to do anything with him anymore. That's all the encouragement I need that I'm doing the right thing. My family needs me far more than some job.

I know this post doesn't convey it, but I really am excited. Just a little sad too.

coffeeI'm a mom who can't sum up what's right for her family in one paragraph

Yeah, yeah, I blog, too: http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 6:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Melissa6705
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 9:25 AM
That is so great!! You will love it!! Remember to relax and have fun
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SouthernMama08
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 9:28 AM

It's so wonderful that you have a job that you love (most days). So many people today, don't ever get that. And i bet it is scary. But at least you and your DH agree that you staying home is the best thing for your family. and it'll be even scraier as that first day of staying home gets closer, but I'm sure you'll replace scared with excitement (more excitement). 

Good luck with everything!!

Loving wife ...Proud Homeschooling Mama ...TTC#2 ...BLOGGING it all on the way...Stalk me at Throwing Marshmallows

oredeb
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 11:04 AM

yes starting something new! changes!  its kinda scary! missing friends you've made, it will get easier day by day

thats great your gona homeschool you son, congratulations, its something you'll never regret. daily we lay our lives down for our families

MommaChell
by on Jun. 9, 2011 at 12:53 AM

hugsI can understand the bittersweetness.Whenever I find myselft missing my old work, I'm often reminded of this quote by C.S Lewis -"The homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only - and that is to support the ultimate career. " 

Bests~

Danielle163
by on Jun. 10, 2011 at 11:20 AM

I think everything your experiencing is very normal. And I do agree with one of the pp that your lucky that you love your job. I think women get pulled in so many directions trying to care for their children, trying to make $/employment, possibly caring for older family members, taking care of the house(cleaning, laundry, meals--and we all know that never ends!--LOL), etc. Yeah, you are going to love being home with your children! Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN