Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Poll

Question: Do you take personal phone calls (those not relating to family business, but just friends and family wanting to chat) during the day?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 21

View Results

I feel like friends and family get mad because I cannot answer their calls during the day.  I know they assume I can just stop and chat because I'm not working in a paid position.  However, I am working!!  I have to keep the atmosphere conducive to learning and be available to my three kids to help them, explain to them, show them where to research.....

I love my friends and family and I don't want them NOT to call.  I do want to talk with them!!  I just can't do it during school hours.  I have gently and lovingly explained this, but I know that some are miffed about it :(

Does anyone else struggle with this?

by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 3:33 PM
Replies (11-15):
Mamagirlz
by on Jun. 8, 2011 at 12:38 PM

I rarely talk on the phone.  Personally I don't like to.  If we are busy I just don't answer.

MommaChell
by on Jun. 9, 2011 at 12:17 AM

It all depends on your personal situation. I've had my own issues with my family not showing the loving respect I'd like them to concerning certain aspects of our family life *sigh*. My MIL is wonderful about it all, thank goodness for her! I know how easy it can be to get caught on the phone, so what about text? If it's an option for you, you could work it out so they shoot you texts instead and you can filter it accordingly.

wowguildmomma
by on Jun. 9, 2011 at 12:36 AM

I only have a cell phone. most who need to reach me just send me a txt message. I also am fortunate that when I told everyone that I will be homeschooling most fully support me in it and understand if I can't answer the phone when they do call but so that it doesn't disturb schooltime I put my phone on vibrate.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 10, 2011 at 9:46 PM
I'm planning on not answering the phone between morning and 1:00. My husband will call both lines if it is an emergency and my mom will text me. Otherwise they can leave a message :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MedicMommy
by on Jun. 11, 2011 at 7:16 AM

We don't really have a big schedule (yet), we are a little more free in what we do, so it's not such a big deal. 4 months from now, we may be screaming for more structure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN