Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Breaks (PIOG)

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 9:19 PM
  • 5 Replies

What kinds of things do you do with your homeschoolers during breaks? I have a 10 y/o DD and she seems to thrive on having schedule, but we're on break right now and she is driving me nuts being so hyper and always asking what we're doing for the day, when I don't always have plans laid out for the day. I have her enrolled in a couple summer programs later in the summer, but right now there is nothing going on. 

by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Melissa6705
by on Jun. 8, 2011 at 9:57 AM
We school yearround...sorry. It helps eliminate that with my Daughter. Maybe that's an option?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
estop
by on Jun. 8, 2011 at 1:09 PM

We school yr rd so we dont have alot of breaks we only take 1 week of each quarter .which is every 12wks.

oredeb
by on Jun. 8, 2011 at 4:14 PM

gardening, reading, gardening reading mowing lawn walking animal feeding animals chores weeding the garden art projects riding bikes games hikes

momversuswild
by on Jun. 8, 2011 at 8:23 PM

My daughter enjoys cooking easy, fun little recipes

MommaChell
by on Jun. 8, 2011 at 11:47 PM

My 4yr old can nearly drive me bonkers when we break for the weekend or around holidays. My structure goes out the window during these times since I have other things going on I try and keep them busy with things that I don't have to be right on top of them helping with. My daughter has always been clingy and I've really worked with her to get her to entertain herself. She's def gotten better and I try to use the times when I don't have anything planned to give her a few ideas to get her started with some creative play on her own. My boys are simply AWESOME at entertaining themselves, thank goodness!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN