Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What's your favorite subject to teach?

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2011 at 6:10 AM
  • 16 Replies

And why? (HA HA, I sound like an English teacher, but I'm just curious)

coffeeI'm a mom who can't sum up what's right for her family in one paragraph

Yeah, yeah, I blog, too: http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

by on Jun. 10, 2011 at 6:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 10, 2011 at 6:25 AM

Honestly I'm not that into teaching anything,  I prefer hands on everything... traveling, going places, etc.  lolol

Carey

MedicMommy
by on Jun. 10, 2011 at 6:29 AM

But what really grabs you? What do you enjoy showing your child?

misselphaba
by on Jun. 10, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Hmm.  Whatever comes up, really.  I don't really teach 'subjects', just life, I guess.  Oh brother.  I sound lame.  I teach as things come up.  Yesterday, my son was wanting to learn a new math skill he needed for something he was working on, so we sat down and I showed him how to do it.  My daughter wanted to work on some pattern games, so we sat down and did it. 

I guess I enjoy showin my kids whatever they want to be shown at that moment in time.  I can't even think of something that I enjoy showing them over another thing.  I'll have to think about it.

oredeb
by on Jun. 10, 2011 at 10:50 AM

i can answer your question medic mom!

history!!!! i love teaching history!!!

BetcCarter
by on Jun. 10, 2011 at 11:14 AM

History! We go to historical sites constantly and we read every plaque and sign we pass. It is great:) I especially love American History...I read my 6 year old a book about Paul Revere and now she will randomly start calling out 'The Redcoats are Coming! The Redcoats are Coming!' Makes me laugh...

swim-mom72
by on Jun. 10, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Really? Honestly? ....everything except math : (

I can tie all other subjects together somehow, but the one that sticks out and haunts me is math, LOL!

mommy.etc.
by on Jun. 10, 2011 at 8:09 PM

hmmmmmmm. i like them all but I absolutely love science and art, just because my kids love learning about different experiments and making messes and all of their beautiful artwork. They are 2 and 5 and right now those are my favorites, because they are the most fun for them.

luvthesoap
by on Jun. 11, 2011 at 11:22 AM

HISTORY! I love history!

Betty in Ky

FlyHippie
by on Jun. 11, 2011 at 11:59 AM

hmmm....it was science, but now that he's doing highschool work, he goes to a place for the labs. I loved doing all the dissections and experiments here, though!

So now...my favorite is religion, probably. We do studies on all the world religions and they're just fascinating!

mommy.etc.
by on Jun. 11, 2011 at 12:00 PM

i'm also really excited for getting to teach my kids about the Holocaust and all of the wars (it was my favorite in school), so I guess history in the future :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN