Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

If you could have...

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2011 at 6:29 AM
  • 12 Replies

a room dedicated to be your classroom, what would you do with it?

coffeeI'm a mom who can't sum up what's right for her family in one paragraph

Yeah, yeah, I blog, too: http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

by on Jun. 10, 2011 at 6:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MedicMommy
by on Jun. 10, 2011 at 6:31 AM

I would make one corner a Book Nook, with big soft pillows and shelves of books, I'd have 2 desks, one with DS's computer and one for spreading out whatever we may be working on, there would be a radio, maybe do a wall with chalkboard paint, an easel in another corner, clothesline across a wall for displaying projects....I'm just not sure how much I envision being home to really use such a room, lol

BOOGIETHEBOOG
by on Jun. 10, 2011 at 6:37 AM

That sounds like a great plan. I am not really sure what I would do. Now I am going to think about this.

misselphaba
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2011 at 9:39 AM

We have one, well, it's the dining room, too, but the kids use the table for stuff.   I have it stuffed to the gills with art supplies and books.  I should go through it, but every time I do, the kids find stuff to do with whatever I'm thinking of getting rid of.  LOL

The room is ALWAYS full of art projects or stuff going on. 

oredeb
by on Jun. 10, 2011 at 10:52 AM

lots of book shelves, a sink, lots of tables , a comfy couch , big huge wall chalkboard, big huge wall maps of whole world, lots of wall space

MommaChell
by on Jun. 10, 2011 at 1:23 PM

Wow, so many many many ideas I'd love to explore with my own classroom!!!! In my fantasy I have a whole separate school house :) You're thoughts are delightful. Try watching some youtube videos of other peoples homeschool classrooms- such fun and generates great ideas! 

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 11, 2011 at 4:25 PM
We have a room, but I would love a BIGGER room! LOL Never happy with what you have, you know? :) I'd love to have a book nook corner. Right now we have a window seat that will serve this purpose. I'd like to have rain gutter shelves for books, an art area with supplies in cabinets on the wall, a couch or recliner to lounge and read together in. A CD player (or possibly just the ipod) so she can listen to books on CD's. I would paint it a sage green and light blue, kind of like the grass and sky. I'd like a very nature/earthy feel to the room. I have to say, our current room isn't bad at all. We're very lucky to have it! My girls are sharing a bedroom, so we are using the spare one that used to be the "play" room. Although we will still use it for play, because that is how you learn best!
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 11, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Oh!  And for inspiration, go to http://www.satorismiles.com/ and click on homeschool rooms. OMGosh that is one lucky little girl!

MommaChell
by on Jun. 12, 2011 at 12:55 AM

Quoting Boobah:

Oh!  And for inspiration, go to http://www.satorismiles.com/ and click on homeschool rooms. OMGosh that is one lucky little girl!

Wow, agreed! Thanks for sharing.

wowguildmomma
by on Jun. 12, 2011 at 1:52 AM

We are just starting out and my husband and I started talking about incorporating the homeschooling into our eclectic decor. We figured out if we get some antique looking world maps and globes and such and some picture hanging wire we can make all the homeschool stuff fit right in with all of our stuff we have. My living room is a mix of faries, dragons, and art from all over the world that my marine brother sends me from his travels. He gets bounced around often.

MedicMommy
by on Jun. 12, 2011 at 6:56 AM

There are so many ways to do things! And I love that site. Keep the ideas coming ladies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)