Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Magazines...

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2011 at 12:49 AM
  • 10 Replies

What magazines do you subscribe to and why? I enjoy them and like recieving ones that are related to my interests.

by on Jun. 11, 2011 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TroyboysMom
by on Jun. 11, 2011 at 5:42 AM

I subscribe to Parents magazine (mainly for the photo coupons. I love the JC Penney ones!), Woman's Day (I like the recipes and cleaning tips), and Popular Science. We also get the community magazine that is published here.

My son gets Ranger Rick, Zoo News, Lego, and Scholastic magazines.

MedicMommy
by on Jun. 11, 2011 at 7:05 AM

I subscribe to All You (fabulous coupons), Natural Living (still kinda on the fence about that one), Better Homes and Gardens (not sure why,lol), ummm...This Old Schoolhouse (awesome HS resource), Weight Watchers (Great recipies and coupons)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 11, 2011 at 4:13 PM

At the moment, we only get ESPN and Rolling Stone (both started showing up at our door for no apparent reason).  I would love to get a homeschool magazine or two, and I love all parenting magazines or home magazines.  Right now I can't work them into the budget. 

oredeb
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 12:16 PM

the old school house-some good articles

cuisine at home- love to cook

food network mag- love to cook

backwoods home mag-we are into homesteading, growing own food, etc

countryside mag- into homesteading, living off the land,

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 13, 2011 at 2:34 PM

Is the old school house worth it?  I've been considering it.  I am going to have to look into the backwoods home magazine and countryside magazine.  How do you guys find these?  :)

Quoting oredeb:

oredeb
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 4:51 PM

well boobah, i wouldnt subscribe again, i dont use any of the stuff but it was ok to read the articles,well written, hmmm i dont know not something i use.  but other moms seem to like it a lot! the best article i read was the ruth beechick one.i guess im just not into homeschool magazines right now!!can you borrow one somewhere to look at? ohhh i think they sell them at barnes and noble or borders!

Quoting Boobah:

Is the old school house worth it?  I've been considering it.  I am going to have to look into the backwoods home magazine and countryside magazine.  How do you guys find these?  :)

Quoting oredeb:

SimplySonita
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 11:35 AM

This old school house

Better homes and gardens

Thriving Family (from focus on the family)

Real Simple

Reptiles (this is for my 7 year old)

Gardening Club

Family Circle

Above Rubies

Gospel for Asia

HSLDA Homeschool COurt Report

And that Disney family magazine (forget the name-haven't got the first issue yet-but got it for $1 for a year subscription)

I got each subscription for $5 or less woohoo

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)