Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Where do you put it all???

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2011 at 7:30 PM
  • 22 Replies
All the papers, workbook pages, projects, writing projects and everything?!

I'm wanting to get a system in place now before we start so I'm not overwhelmed.

I've heard people use binders, do you keep everything??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 11, 2011 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sunshine80
by on Jun. 11, 2011 at 7:34 PM
We use binders for the really important stuff we keep. I also take pictures of them doing projects and other things.

~ marisa
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countjb
by on Jun. 11, 2011 at 7:42 PM

We use binders in addtion to our student and teacher books. I keep them in crates stacked two high vertically. I bought the wooden crates for aroung $5 at A.C.Moore.

hailnbray
by on Jun. 11, 2011 at 7:48 PM

i keep everything cause im crazy. i file it in a file box under each subject. at the end of the year i stick them in totes. i have 2 totes full for my 7 yr old so i need to start getting rid of shit.

wowguildmomma
by on Jun. 11, 2011 at 7:52 PM

I am in the process of getting organized. right now we live in an apartment that convienently has a "bar" in the dining room. So I boxed away all my crystal and vases and have filled it with school supplies. Only thing I need now is a Shelf with door that is big enough to hold binders and books to where I can use a child safety lock on it to keep the 2 year old from tearing into everything.

MommaChell
by on Jun. 12, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Oh goodness....well, we have tons of shelves and a big bookcase. I have binders and magazine holders for workbooks/mags/etc. I have bookends and boxes and paper trays. I have a file box that is dedicated to the kids finished work/crafts/pics/etc.- I sort through it at the end of each year and decide what to keep. I have stackable drawers, a filing cabinet, hanging organizers, folders & folder sorters. I have drawer organizers and clip boards that hang on the wall, cork boards and dry erase magnetic boards that I pin and post things on, and I can't think what else... all this and my kids are only pre-ks, lol! 

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jun. 12, 2011 at 2:28 AM
For completed work, the kids each have a 3 ring binder they put their work in as they complete it. Every 2 months I file those. I have two four-drawer file cabinets that I was given. I started filling one from the bottom, working up.

Books, workbooks, manipulatives, science kits, etc....that we use randomly are on bookshelves in the ofice/ school room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MedicMommy
by on Jun. 12, 2011 at 6:51 AM

I think at the end of each month I will give DS one of those plastic folders with prongs, with mayvbe 5 sheet protectors in it, and have him make a scrapbook of what he's learned. (And, you know, that's our art class too)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 12, 2011 at 9:19 AM
I have definitely been considering a binder system. I just am taken back by how much binders cost! So I'm going to see if they go on sale closer to "back to school" time.

Quoting sunshine80:

We use binders for the really important stuff we keep. I also take pictures of them doing projects and other things.

~ marisa
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 12, 2011 at 9:21 AM
Haha I totally see myself doing the same. It's so hard to throw it away. I will probably keep nearly everything all year and go through it at the end.

Quoting hailnbray:

i keep everything cause im crazy. i file it in a file box under each subject. at the end of the year i stick them in totes. i have 2 totes full for my 7 yr old so i need to start getting rid of shit.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cedailey
by on Jun. 12, 2011 at 10:52 AM

I don't keep much of anything.  But I have a system for work samples.  Each child has a flash drive and I can scan papers, photograph projects, and add sound and video recordings of narrations, skits etc.  That way I can keep as much as I want/need without clutter. (I do keep back ups as well)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN