Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What are your children's favorite books?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2011 at 1:06 AM
  • 7 Replies

My kids have books they want to read again and again. I love how much they enjoy and get attached to them. What are your kids favorite books?

by on Jun. 12, 2011 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MedicMommy
by on Jun. 12, 2011 at 6:59 AM

Wyatt loves any of his firefighter books. Lately he's been really into the Magic Schoolbus books. He's getting ready to start Narnia

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 12, 2011 at 7:57 AM
The great Gracie chase by Cynthia rylant has been a favorite for three years now! Daddy does a good job of making it exciting. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swim-mom72
by on Jun. 12, 2011 at 9:45 AM

Well, since mine are about to be 14 & 11, not sure how many of you really want to know what they like now, seeing as how most of you have much younger kids than mine.

When they were younger my oldest loved the Hank the Cowdog series, Magic Treehouse books, and  Harry Potter. Now he is into the Alex Rider series, Robin Hood and Adam of the Road. My youngest liked anything by Shell Silverstein when he was little and The Missing Piece was read so many times I am sure we all know it by heart. Now he loves biographies and encyclopedias. Yep, encyclopedias, I can assign a page or 2 for the day but he reads on and on.

Both of my boys have loved Charolotte's Web, Old Yeller, and The Best Christmas Pageant Ever.

MommaChell
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 1:25 AM

Great stuff ladies; hearing how your children have, and still have, books they love is so encouraging. 

mom2queenie2004
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 8:51 AM

Mama Llama books and right now we have a new interest in Where the Sidewalk Ends

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Fancy Nancy, Magic Tree House, Froggy, My nine year old is hooked on Diary of a Wimpy Kid.

oredeb
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 11:40 AM

robert louis stevensons garden of poetry, (cant remember the name), nancy drew, hardy boys, cowboy bob, jane austen books, emily bronte, cs lewis series, lord of the rings series, huckleberry finn, tom sawyer, thousand leagues under the sea, lots of those classics, hetty books,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)