Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Felt Boards....

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2011 at 1:13 AM
  • 14 Replies

I was wondering if anyone has used a felt board in correlation with their teachings. I have a board, but I haven't gotten any accessories for it yet. I have in mind what I'd like to do and have been wondering how others utilize it. I'd like to get the most use out of it.

by on Jun. 12, 2011 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaTasha1003
by on Jun. 12, 2011 at 1:25 AM

I made my own felt board with an old chalk board & tried making my own peices (printed out peices,cut, laminated, glued felt on back).. But it was A LOT of work & I find the ones at the store cost too much for me.

Maybe I will try it again - and not put so much time/detail into the cutting lol..

I mainly planned on using mine with books or story telling & let my DD play with them to put on shows, she is known to put on a Puppet show at the end of my bed for DH & I .. :)

MedicMommy
by on Jun. 12, 2011 at 6:58 AM

I don't. Honestly, if DS was younger I probably would. Dry erase is sooo much easier for me

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 12, 2011 at 7:59 AM
I have one I made but I must hbe used the wrong kind of felt because they don't stick together well.
A friend of mine makes some really cute felt sets and they are super cheap. I'm going to have to make some requests.
If you'd like to see what I'm talking about she has a few pics up at http://hyenacart.com/cuties. Her name is kkdesigns
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 12, 2011 at 8:00 AM
Darn pushed enter
But they are so cute because somehow she prints right onto the felt!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misselphaba
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2011 at 12:03 PM

I'm making my daughter one for her birthday or Christmas.  Her birthday's right after Christmas, so we usually do her party on the Sunday before T-giving.  I'll probably give it to her then.

oahoah
by Member on Jun. 13, 2011 at 12:14 AM

I bought one that came with 2 sets: Old McDonald & There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Spider.  I mainly bought them as a fun thing/distraction for my younger boys (4,1) while schooling my oldest (6) but he ended up liking it too so I just turned it into fun for all of them. I haven't used it yet for schooling but am considering getting a felt alphabet & numbers set.

MommaChell
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Quoting MommaTasha1003:

I mainly planned on using mine with books or story telling & let my DD play with them to put on shows, she is known to put on a Puppet show at the end of my bed for DH & I .. :)

Too cute!

MommaChell
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Quoting Boobah:

I have one I made but I must hbe used the wrong kind of felt because they don't stick together well.
A friend of mine makes some really cute felt sets and they are super cheap. I'm going to have to make some requests.
If you'd like to see what I'm talking about she has a few pics up at http://hyenacart.com/cuties. Her name is kkdesigns

Thanks for the link and info~

MommaChell
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 1:18 AM

Quoting MommaTasha1003:

I made my own felt board with an old chalk board & tried making my own peices (printed out peices,cut, laminated, glued felt on back).. But it was A LOT of work & I find the ones at the store cost too much for me.

Maybe I will try it again - and not put so much time/detail into the cutting lol..

That's a deterrent for me, I haven't decided which route to go :S

MommaChell
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Quoting misselphaba:

I'm making my daughter one for her birthday or Christmas.  Her birthday's right after Christmas, so we usually do her party on the Sunday before T-giving.  I'll probably give it to her then.

Fun, I hope it all turns out the way you want it to :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)