Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you're kids have their own desks?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2011 at 1:20 AM
  • 21 Replies

Poll

Question: What do you're kids use? If other, please elaborate in a reply.

Options:

Individual desks

Shared table

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 25

View Results

I've seen a lot of homeschool set-ups where the family uses one table or the kids have individual desks. What do your kids use and why does it work for you?

by on Jun. 12, 2011 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wowguildmomma
by Member on Jun. 12, 2011 at 1:36 AM

we share a table for now.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jun. 12, 2011 at 2:21 AM
I marked individual desks since they each have one. That doesn't mean they always use them.

DS1 has a loft desk with a computer workstation but he usually works on the dining room table. DS2 and DD each have a desk in the office/ school room but they like to read or work on the floor or the small couch in the school room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jun. 12, 2011 at 2:22 AM
Loft bed...lol...both boys have the loft beds with workstations underneath. Tired tonight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MedicMommy
by on Jun. 12, 2011 at 6:54 AM

Both. DS's desk is more like a computer desk

RheaF
by Member on Jun. 12, 2011 at 6:56 AM

DD has a desk in her room, and then we have a Table in the school room. I also have a small desk for DS that I found at  a thrift store.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 12, 2011 at 8:00 AM
We have desks, but then share space too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cedailey
by on Jun. 12, 2011 at 10:54 AM

My children are little so we all share a large table in the schoolroom.  It gives everyone space to spread out.

FlyHippie
by on Jun. 12, 2011 at 12:53 PM

Well, since I have a 13 year old and have hs'ed other kids for pre-k, etc. and now I have an 18 month old grandbaby that stays here....

I painted the dining room table in chalkboard paint! it ROCKS! So you can write/draw all over the table. It is great for the highschooler...to work out algebra on the table, etc. saves paper, makes it "bigger" so you can see it clearer, etc. Also, for the pre-k, we worked on letters, words, etc. And for the toddler, we let her draw on the table while I work with the bigger one!

We've also done where I write a math problem in 4 places around the table...making 4 problems...my ds has to work on one, then run to the next, then next...and by the time he gets back to the first one, if it's erased and there's a new problem, he works it out and keeps going....if it's the SAME problem, it means he missed it and has to correct it.

It works since he's a boy and would rather be moving....it's one of the greatest things I have done thus far as a hs mom! LOL!

TroyboysMom
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 12:12 AM

Yes, he has his own desk. We also have a large, shared space.

oahoah
by Member on Jun. 13, 2011 at 12:17 AM

We have a small table but are going to invest in another to save on fights- they like to push on it towards each other.  We also bought padded lap desks so they can do work wherever they want around the house; my oldest is 6 and he loves them, my middle son is 4 and he hates them, he can't stand the weight of it on his legs. Sometimes they'll just sit at the kitchen table but that is rare because it's hardly ever clean of clutter

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)