Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

If I were to....

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 12:44 AM
  • 27 Replies

run into you in the grocery store, what would I likely find in your grocery cart?

I loooooove to go to Whole Foods and spend time shopping around looking at, and reading about, all their diff products. I'm always buying unusual things (for me, that is), and taking them home to experiment with. It got me thinking, that if I ran into someone on the regular at the store and they payed any attention to what was in my buggy, they might wonder about my diet and cooking methods. What would your cart tell someone about you?

by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 12:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaChell
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 1:48 AM

BUMP!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 13, 2011 at 10:21 AM
My cart would look like we were really healthy eaters. Unfortunately that is only partly true. We eat out entirely too often. It's something we are going to be working on this summer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2011 at 10:25 AM

Milk, eggs, fruit, veggies, meat, oatmeal, and I will admit it.  Cereal.

oredeb
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 11:32 AM

lets see i dont go to the whole food stores around here they cost to much for me!  i would be at winco or cash and carry and you'd see about 5 different types of cheeses, various vegetables, (depending on the season), rice milk,mushrooms, my honey jug and peanutbutter jug(i refill them there), vit d milk, cream, green coffee beans,  sugar smacks ceral, large yeast bags, foil, wax paper, choc. ice cream, 25 lb of flour, 25 lb of sugars, those paper coffee cups with lids, huge chunks of meat, 25 lb of rice, gallon jugs of soy sauce and vinegar,mayonaise,  huge bags of frozen corn and peas, some of dhs favorite chips, a case of canned milk and coconut milk, 10 boxes of butter, 4 cans of crisco, various oils, 25 lb of oatmeal, garbage bags, food bags- sandwich and gallon size, a puzzle book, maybe even a gardening magazine! and if they had some vegetable plants some of those would make it into my cart! now what would that tell you about me?

MommaTasha1003
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Fruits & Veggies.. Mainly the "popular" fruits like strawberry, banana, apple, oranges, cherries.. Veggies for salads, potatoes.. Some Cereal for my dd from the "natural" part of the store and Id have Fiber One Cereal. Oatmeal. Jelly. Natural Peanut Butter. Bacon. Chicken, Ground meat, maybe steaks, rarely porkchops, Wild Salmon. OJ, Milk, Eggs. 1 Frozen Pizza. Maybe whole wheat eggo waffles.. boxed mac-n-cheese if im feeling really bad (i say i wont fix anymore. but then buy it for just "1 easy meal"). Toilet paper. paper towels. garbage bags. dog food....maybe a book/puzzle/dvd for dd if i can find it at a good price..

I wish we had a whole foods around here! But Id have to drive about 2hrs & pass 100 other HEB/Kroger/WalMarts to get to it..

Michelle914
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 12:54 AM

My cart would tell you that I am a lacto-ovo-vegetarian, lots of veggies and fruit, eggs and milk but no meat.  That I have both cats and a large dog because of the bags of pet food.  And that I have children because I usually end up getting them something (inexpensive) even when I'm grocery shopping!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 14, 2011 at 9:01 AM
It would tell me you mainly cook from scratch, and you either have a huge family or cook in bulk.
Although I could be wrong. Haha

Quoting oredeb:

lets see i dont go to the whole food stores around here they cost to much for me!  i would be at winco or cash and carry and you'd see about 5 different types of cheeses, various vegetables, (depending on the season), rice milk,mushrooms, my honey jug and peanutbutter jug(i refill them there), vit d milk, cream, green coffee beans,  sugar smacks ceral, large yeast bags, foil, wax paper, choc. ice cream, 25 lb of flour, 25 lb of sugars, those paper coffee cups with lids, huge chunks of meat, 25 lb of rice, gallon jugs of soy sauce and vinegar,mayonaise,  huge bags of frozen corn and peas, some of dhs favorite chips, a case of canned milk and coconut milk, 10 boxes of butter, 4 cans of crisco, various oils, 25 lb of oatmeal, garbage bags, food bags- sandwich and gallon size, a puzzle book, maybe even a gardening magazine! and if they had some vegetable plants some of those would make it into my cart! now what would that tell you about me?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DusksAngel
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 9:19 AM

Depends on the store...  I buy bulk baking goods (wheat flour, bread flour, splenda, etc), then fruits, veggies, snacks, cheese, salsa, beans, coffee, tofu, and fish.

SimplySonita
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Depends on the store for me too. I go to  a small local owned store for my meats and fresh veggies, walmart for most other stuff, Sam's club for staples that I use a LOT of like flour, bread flour, cocoa powder, sugar.

I always buy lots of milk and cheese and coffee creamer. LOL

I go to Earth Fare to buy fruit snacks (because my son is allergic to red dye so I have to buy natural/organic or he can't have fruit snacks)

I never buy eggs cause we have laying hens.

I rarely buy bread because I make my own-but I buy lots of lunch meat :)

I buy fresh veggies for snacking and lots of frozen fruit for smooties and lemonade.

We're weird confused

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)