Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

run into you in the grocery store, what would I likely find in your grocery cart?

I loooooove to go to Whole Foods and spend time shopping around looking at, and reading about, all their diff products. I'm always buying unusual things (for me, that is), and taking them home to experiment with. It got me thinking, that if I ran into someone on the regular at the store and they payed any attention to what was in my buggy, they might wonder about my diet and cooking methods. What would your cart tell someone about you?

by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 12:44 AM
Replies (21-27):
MommaChell
by on Jun. 18, 2011 at 1:36 AM

Quoting Dawn07:

Well it would depend on if i'm by myself or if dh is with me. Most of the time he's there. My basket would contradict itself. I would have lots of meat and the ingredients to make it into a meal. Millk and juices, no eggs, cheese. Whole wheat bread. Fruits and veggies. Every couple of months you might see a big sack of rice, flour, and sugar, how many pounds depends on what store I'm at. Boxed cakes, cookies, and muffins. I haven't got to the point of baking from scratch yet, but its healthier than packaged goodies and last longer. A big thing of dog food. Now the contradiction. There will be pops, chips, packaged goodies, frozen meals, and canned meats.

Hahaha, my cart use to contradict itself too; I was buying coconut milk and regular milk together, lol! Luckily my husband has come around to a much healthier way of eating and treating himself....and boy it took patience from me :) I've not yet ventured into baking from scratch, but I'm working on it. 

DusksAngel
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 11:24 AM

You're pretty much right on.  We follow a pescatarian diet (getting dh to agree to this much has taken 9 years) and we have a diabetic and at least two insulin resistant family members.

Quoting MommaChell:

Quoting DusksAngel:

Depends on the store...  I buy bulk baking goods (wheat flour, bread flour, splenda, etc), then fruits, veggies, snacks, cheese, salsa, beans, coffee, tofu, and fish.

I'd think you were almost a vegetarian...minus the fish... who enjoyed baking or at least eating fresh baked/home baked goods. And that you may count calories. Am I way far off? lol

MommaChell
by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Quoting DusksAngel:

You're pretty much right on.  We follow a pescatarian diet (getting dh to agree to this much has taken 9 years) and we have a diabetic and at least two insulin resistant family members.

Quoting MommaChell:

Quoting DusksAngel:

Depends on the store...  I buy bulk baking goods (wheat flour, bread flour, splenda, etc), then fruits, veggies, snacks, cheese, salsa, beans, coffee, tofu, and fish.

I'd think you were almost a vegetarian...minus the fish... who enjoyed baking or at least eating fresh baked/home baked goods. And that you may count calories. Am I way far off? lol

It's good to be right, lol ;)

LindaClement
by on Jul. 4, 2011 at 5:46 PM

A lot of odd produce, very little meat and probably 1/2 a dozen condiments from all over the world. And, apparently, I use no cleaning products of any kind...

MommaChell
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Quoting LindaClement:

A lot of odd produce, very little meat and probably 1/2 a dozen condiments from all over the world. And, apparently, I use no cleaning products of any kind...

Hahaha, diversity is GOOD :)

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 9:25 PM

If there's the right flavor coffee, you will find that, plus the coordinating creamer
~Chicken breast
~Ground turkey
~Chicken nuggets
~Skimmilk
~Yogurt
~Bread
~Stuff to make spaghetti sauce
~pasta
~Fixin's for s'mores
~Dog food
~Cat food
~Kitten food
~Husband food
~a book
~Gum
If it's cooler, then stuff for chili 

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Oh! Fruit!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)