Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Read anything good lately?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 12:51 AM
  • 19 Replies

I've several stacks of books beside my bed that I read on or intend to read- mostly educational topics on things I'm interested in learning about (bookworm here). Have you read anything good lately, or that you simply couldn't put down?

by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wowguildmomma
by Member on Jun. 13, 2011 at 1:10 AM

I just started reading sense and sensiblity again. love the classics

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2011 at 10:29 AM

Yes!  I just finished the first book in Chuck Black's Arrethetrae series, and I am hooked!  

Sir Kendrick and the Castle of Bel Lione (The Knights of Arrethtrae)

oredeb
by debbie on Jun. 13, 2011 at 10:59 AM

sustainable gardening for oregon and washington!! cant put it down!!

and luthers small catacism

swim-mom72
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Quoting TigerofMu:

Yes!  I just finished the first book in Chuck Black's Arrethetrae series, and I am hooked!  

Sir Kendrick and the Castle of Bel Lione (The Knights of Arrethtrae)

OH COOL! I just bought the 1st book in his Kingdom Series. I am excited to see if it will be a hit for my 13 yo son.

swim-mom72
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 12:32 PM

Right now I am reading the first book in the Game of Thrones series, 5 Conversations You Must Have With Your son and Homeschoolers College Admissions Handbook.

I love almost anything Ted Dekker puts out and cannot put them down!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 13, 2011 at 2:30 PM

I'm currently reading

A Charlotte Mason Companion

and

What did I just eat?? 

Of course, we're also reading the complete adventures of Winnie the Pooh, as well as a few other books, and now are starting on dinosaurs.  I feel like all I do is read, good thing I love it!

misselphaba
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2011 at 4:46 PM

I just finished "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein.  It is so good!! 

MommaTasha1003
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 10:11 PM

Since all I can ever think of is homeschooling & learning how to be a better parent and all that I have not read a great book to get lost in in a while. Right now Im reading 1-2-3 Magic for Christian Parents..

And I opened "What your Kindergartener Should Know" this morning & was suprised! HAHA! I thought it was another book JUST for parents/teachers to know what needs to be taught i did not know it had actual stories & lots of other goodies in it for kids! :-) silly me!

LostTheSlipper
by Member on Jun. 14, 2011 at 1:53 AM

LOL I'm getting ahead on reading books that DS is going to read for history next year. I just read "Pedro's Journal" and really enjoyed it. It's a children's book written at like a 2nd or 3rd grade level I think but it was an interesting read.

If I get a chance I'm going to try and get a decent biography on Babe Ruth. We'll see if that happens.

DusksAngel
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 9:23 AM

I'm currently reading Play It Again, SAHM by Meredith Efken, the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward, two series by Christian author Dee Henderson, several DIY books, some homeschooling books, and I'm waiting for Hit List by Laurell K Hamilton.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)