Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Read anything good lately?

Posted by   + Show Post

I've several stacks of books beside my bed that I read on or intend to read- mostly educational topics on things I'm interested in learning about (bookworm here). Have you read anything good lately, or that you simply couldn't put down?

by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 12:51 AM
Replies (11-19):
SimplySonita
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 10:42 AM

I'm reading 'We Shall See God' by Randy Alcorn-loving it! It's a devotional type book based on Charles Spurgeon's sermons on Heaven.

I'm thinking about signing up to do the Bible in 90 days challange...but not sure- my life is kinda hectic right now...

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)

Powered by CafeMom Toolbar - Get yours today!

katzmeow726
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 10:44 AM
Lol, home school books actually. I am currently reading homeschool 101, and I am really enjoying it. And reading the first book in the sword of truth series
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BigSandyMom
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 1:22 PM

Picked up a book called Eat My Globe at the Dollar Tree that I'm going to try and get started on.  Also have several homeschooling books that I'm currently reading, rereading.  Love the classics and have several on my to be read stack of books. 

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 9:12 PM

I'm a huge fan of anything self improvement, law of attraction, positive stuff! 

I Love anything by Louise L. Hay my favorite being "Heal Your Life"

I'm currently reading... "The Power of your subconscious mind" by Joseph Murphy 

chattinmom
by on Jun. 15, 2011 at 11:39 PM

i get sucked into a few books, but i read for pleasure, i can't get into educational books, the make me fall asleep!

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2011 at 9:55 AM

I got the recommendation from a 14 year old boy in my youth group.  He loved the series, and there are more that are by this author, and that are similar.  I'll  have to try to remember the other author's name.  I am reading the second one now.

Quoting swim-mom72:

Quoting TigerofMu:

Yes!  I just finished the first book in Chuck Black's Arrethetrae series, and I am hooked!  

Sir Kendrick and the Castle of Bel Lione (The Knights of Arrethtrae)

OH COOL! I just bought the 1st book in his Kingdom Series. I am excited to see if it will be a hit for my 13 yo son.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2011 at 10:00 AM

I just read In the Sweet By and By, and Softly and Tenderly, by Sara Evans and Rachel Hauck.  I enjoyed them and am looking forward to the third in the trilogy.  My mom just mailed a box with these:  "Same Kind of Different as Me" before you read "What Difference Do It Make?",  I think the kids might like "Heaven Is For Real."

MommaChell
by on Jun. 17, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Quoting TigerofMu:

Yes!  I just finished the first book in Chuck Black's Arrethetrae series, and I am hooked!  

Sir Kendrick and the Castle of Bel Lione (The Knights of Arrethtrae)

Ooooo, looks interesting!

MommaChell
by on Jun. 17, 2011 at 11:17 AM

I'll admit, I'm in to educational books; anything DIY, homeschool helping, Christian living, Health...right now I'm swallowed up by some new recipe books and dying to make time to experiment in the kitchen! I love all your suggestions. 

I've seen 1-2-3 magic and have stuck a pin in it for later, and I think I might have to find the Winnie the Pooh books this weekend at the library. 

Thanks Ladies for all the info, I'll be checking into your reads!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN