Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Your favorite family restaurants, what are they?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 12:53 AM
  • 15 Replies

With 3 pre-ks, eating out can be quite the circus. We've several places that we like to go simply because the atmosphere is pleasant with our kids and the food selection suits our needs. Where do you like to eat out as a family?

by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 12:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wowguildmomma
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 1:03 AM

There is a place here called Hunan's Chinese Buffet that is awesome with my kids. All the waitresses are super helpful and the food is sooo yummy. Been eating there since I was a kid.

oredeb
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 12:05 PM

it use to be the greek cuisina (octapus place!) but they shut it down! there are so many places to eat here, we are still checking them out!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 13, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Texas Roadhouse is awesome on Monday nights.  They have kids night, where the kids can color, do little activities, etc.  The kids meals are also 99 cents that night, but we have a coupon for free kids meals. 

The girls love Red Robin, we also love Max & Erma's, and Chick Fil A

SimplySonita
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Anywhere with a playground or buffet where we don't have to wait for food. LOL

My oldest has SPD so that's an issue too...

Sometimes we order in pizza or bring home something else. For the most part I just cook though. It's easier.

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)

Powered by CafeMom Toolbar - Get yours today!

TroyboysMom
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 2:16 AM

We really like a place here called "The Lazy Dog Cafe." We also like On the Border, or TGI Friday's or Chili's. The Swing Inn (a local place) is really good, too.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 14, 2011 at 8:58 AM
We love chick fil a for the playground. I'm trying to get out of my germ comfort zone. Lol

Quoting SimplySonita:

Anywhere with a playground or buffet where we don't have to wait for food. LOL

My oldest has SPD so that's an issue too...

Sometimes we order in pizza or bring home something else. For the most part I just cook though. It's easier.

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)

Powered by CafeMom Toolbar - Get yours today!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DusksAngel
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 9:05 AM

We're from a small town, but we have two favorites:  Pizza Hut (during kids night or during the daytime buffet), and Hong Kong House (chinese buffet, the owner spoils my kids every chance she gets).  When we go a little farther out, Ci Ci's is a favorite stop.

BigSandyMom
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 2:27 PM

There is a little Dive out on Kentucky Lake that we like to go to called The Eagle's Nest.  We all love it out there.  You eat out on the dock overlooking the lake.  And they always have live music playing.  They do serve alchohol which bothers some parents.  But no one has ever gotten out of hand there due to the alchohol so we don't get bothered by it.

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 7:55 PM

We love to eat out anywhere but if I had to narrow it down.....  We love Chili's, Chick Fil A, Stavros (Pizza), and this amazing Mexican Restaurant up the road that I can never ever pronounce or spell correctly so I won't even try.  :)   

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

MommaChell
by on Jun. 18, 2011 at 2:13 AM

When eating out at a sit down restaurant we enjoy, Cheddar's, Chilies, The Mongolian BBQ, Applebees, Outback; they have comfortable atmosphere that are accommodating with our troop as well as a varied menu with plenty of veggie options and available substitutions/combos. We usually only eat out at sit down places on special occasions or with family. When we eat carry out we'll usually order pizza (which is lovely since you can order it any way you want, even without cheese or sauce!), have Chipotle, veggie sandwiches from Jimmy Johns, subway, etc., or Asian food. I've been dying to get my hub to visit a specific Lebanese place, as well as, an Indian food place, but he hasn't consented yet. There's also a little dive close to the college that has an interesting organic whole foods menu, it's called Potegur's Cafe. And we have yet to visit either one of the two popular vegan restaurant's in the area; I'm hoping for our next date night we might go! Most days I cook, I agree with Sonita, it's just easier :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)