Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Your favorite family restaurants, what are they?

Posted by   + Show Post

With 3 pre-ks, eating out can be quite the circus. We've several places that we like to go simply because the atmosphere is pleasant with our kids and the food selection suits our needs. Where do you like to eat out as a family?

by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 12:53 AM
Replies (11-15):
StefInIdaho
by on Jun. 18, 2011 at 8:33 PM

I live in a small resort town, so we don't have any chains, save a McDonalds and a Subway in Hailey.... no family sitdown chains AT ALL... so we usually go to:

Breakfast (Gretchens or The Golden Elk)

Lunch (Sun Valley Club or KB's Burritos)

Dinner McClains Pizza, Sun Valley Brewing Company, or Chapalita Grill (Mexican), or the Pioneer Saloon.

Not all of them are kid friendly, but my kids are extremely well behaved for older toddlers and they are not noisy, they sit in chairs with napkins in their laps, know how to act, and are interactive and complimentary to wait staff. I grew in in nicer restaurants and country clubs (oh, those were the days, lol) and I try and instill that concept of proper table etiquette AND graciousness to staff (and really, everyone) in my own kids.... so we eat at nicer places and they love it and I don't cringe like some parents do, lol... 

MommaChell
by on Jul. 1, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Quoting StefInIdaho:

I live in a small resort town, so we don't have any chains, save a McDonalds and a Subway in Hailey.... no family sitdown chains AT ALL... so we usually go to:

Breakfast (Gretchens or The Golden Elk)

Lunch (Sun Valley Club or KB's Burritos)

Dinner McClains Pizza, Sun Valley Brewing Company, or Chapalita Grill (Mexican), or the Pioneer Saloon.

Not all of them are kid friendly, but my kids are extremely well behaved for older toddlers and they are not noisy, they sit in chairs with napkins in their laps, know how to act, and are interactive and complimentary to wait staff. I grew in in nicer restaurants and country clubs (oh, those were the days, lol) and I try and instill that concept of proper table etiquette AND graciousness to staff (and really, everyone) in my own kids.... so we eat at nicer places and they love it and I don't cringe like some parents do, lol... 

That's awesome! My children are also well behaved and we can go pretty much anywhere we'd care to. For now, we don't dine anywhere fancy as a family. My littlest is 1 so he can get loud at times. 

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 2, 2011 at 7:31 AM

We love Chick Fil A!!!!  We also frequent Chili's and this Chinese Rest up the road :) 

MedicMommy
by on Jul. 2, 2011 at 9:05 AM

I second Chick Fil A. Any restaurant where there is a play place! We love Texas Roadhouse, too. HOnestly, part of that is because it's so loud...Wyatt does NOT sit still very well, so I don't push it by taking him to places where he can't be himself

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

MommaChell
by on Jul. 4, 2011 at 5:01 PM

We have a Chick Fil A not far from us that has an indoor play area. It's great for getting out of the house exercise and still staying cool....not to mention the treat of waffle fries :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)