Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

About kids napping

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 12:57 AM
  • 8 Replies

When do your kids nap and for how long? And for you moms who's kiddos have outgrown nap time, when/or at what age did you stop napping them?

by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
wowguildmomma
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 1:02 AM

My kids all nap usually around 1 or 2pm and for around 30-45mins. My oldest doesn't always nap but still lays down with a book. 

mom2queenie2004
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 8:47 AM

My girls are 7.5 and 5.5. Both of them rest just about every day. After lunch around 1 or 130, they go to their bed and at least read quietly usually until about 3.

Depending on the day, there are times where I tell them they must sleep, eyes closed and covered up.... both of them will generally fall asleep then...they still need that recharge once in a while.

misselphaba
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 8:48 AM

My son rarely ever napped from birth.  That kid just would NOT sleep.  My daughter is 5 and she still naps sometimes.  For two hours a day, my kids (and my nephew I baby-sit) have quiet time.  They have to read for an hour, and then they can color/draw/watch tv. 

oredeb
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 11:56 AM

some of my kids would nap and some didnt, i never forced them to, but if they wanted to then they did,

hmmm i think they still do naps  sometimes!hahahah even my dh naps!hahaha

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 13, 2011 at 2:36 PM

DD1 napped until the day she started Kindergarten, it was a rough transition!  She was so grumpy!  LOL 

DD2 is 2 years old and naps for 1 1/2 - 3 hours depending on how much I wear her out during the day.  :)  Usually around 12:30 or 1 after lunch. 

TanyaMichelle
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Ah,  my favorite time of the day! My oldest son (6yrs) doesn't always sleep but my middle son (4yrs) does. Mon-Fri around 1:30 till whenever they wake up. If the 6yr old doesn't sleep then I let him get out of bed arund 3pm. I also have a 2 month old son but naptime doesn't apply to him because he sleeps almost all the time rigt now.

mommiemomma
by New Member on Jun. 14, 2011 at 6:32 PM
I have a almost 7 yo boy and he naps for about an hour most days. The other two kids i watch 4 &5 nap for about an hour and a half. We are very active and everyone sleeps great at night too.
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 6:44 PM

My 2 year old still naps, usually later in the afternoon. (between 2-4pm) I'm pretty open and relaxed, no set times for napping so whenever he crashes out :) He will usually sleep anywhere from an hour to 3hrs! The last week or so though,  its been affecting bedtime so trying to wean naps out.  Going to miss that quiet time LOL

Carey  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN