Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you remember the first day you homeschooled?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 2:32 PM
  • 10 Replies

We have homeschooled for preschool, and we will start first grade in the fall.  However today we started a mini-version of school during the summer.  Julia is really enjoying it, otherwise she gets so bored. 

I can still remember the first day I homeschooled her for preschool, she wanted it done just like a regular school with calendars, and songs.  haha  She is adorable <3

by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 4:56 PM

oh yes i remember that first month! my poor dd! i thought it school be just like public school! start at 9 and end at 3, my dd was soooo tired that month, she was 4, i never got anything done, so finally someone mentioned why i schooled so long! i had to stop and think! hahahah cuz thats what the ps does i said! hahhaa well i thought about it and changed it all down to about 3 hrs.! we still only hs about 3 hours a day.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 13, 2011 at 8:23 PM
I'm glad to have found the Charlotte mason method or if be doing the same thing! If all goes as planned we will be "schooling" for approx 2-3 hrs a day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SimplySonita
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Not really LOL

I considered us homeschoolers before my son attended PS. Hubby changed his mind about homeschooling at the last minute so.... then he did 2 years of PS, then we started homeschooling over the summer and I don't really rememebr our first 'offical' day of homeschool either! LOL I'm sure I blogged about it though! hahaha

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)

Powered by CafeMom Toolbar - Get yours today!

BigSandyMom
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Yes I remember it like it was yesterday. Even though it was 3 years ago.  It was just like school.  And we got burnt out on it really quickly.  Now we are way more laid back than we were.  We are very eclectic to say the least!

SuprMom12042702
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 3:32 PM
Our first day was two wks ago. My son who is seven is still very public school minded, so we are doing a relaxed version of ps so he can get over his ocd lol
So far its been great. The kids are having fun and i am enjoying them on a different level
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 7:04 PM

Yep, I sure do!  The day went really smooth, everyone was excited to hurry and get everything done.  Those days are few and far between now... hahaha  :)   

Carey

MommaChell
by on Jun. 18, 2011 at 1:51 AM

It was so stressful and I kept it up for a week. Come the weekend I was thinking, wow, I'm never going to get anything else done. I've come a long way since then, and that wasn't too long ago. Amazing how quickly we all learn after we muster the courage to take those first steps.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 18, 2011 at 7:20 AM
It's amazing how the time flies by isn't it? What stressed you out once is now a distant memory that you laugh at. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
06-07mom
by on Jun. 22, 2011 at 10:54 PM

i haven't started yet but am FREAKED out to start. 

ReagansMom.Com
by on Jun. 23, 2011 at 10:11 PM

The first word in the preschool reading/writing lesson was LOLL.  I did not know the meaning of the first word!  I was a college graduate with 9 years teaching experience.  I cried, laughed, and we enjoyed every day.  The first year we did a pledge to the flag, calendar, art, physical education and music each day.  The academics went well as we followed our curriculum.  Every family is as unique as every individual.  We are here on CafeMom to encourage others;o)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN