Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Working parent and homeschooling?

Posted by   + Show Post
Due to circumstances, I had to get a job. I still want to homeschool, though. Prove to my DH that homeschool can be wonderful for our children.

Is it possible? Anyone here a single or working homeschooling mom?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2011 at 4:01 PM
Replies (11-13):
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 9:21 PM

I own my own business (Cleaning Service) and still Homeschool.  I have to be honest though when I was trying to do it all on my own and work full time it was stressing me out, but I also insist on a CLEAN, CLEAN house so I was trying to do it ALL and Homeschool!   My husband helps with the kids on his days off now and my sister babysits 1-2 days a week and will help with schooling them as well so it works, but its a team effort here.  I think anything you put your mind to can be done though, but the support Def helps!  Is Hubby willing to help?

timon95
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 10:20 PM

sorry, I can't help much I am a SAHM, but, I have a friend who works nights and schools her kids during the day. sometimes she'll reading assignments for her dh to do with the kids, but she gets it all done.

MommaChell
by on Jun. 18, 2011 at 1:10 AM

I believe it can be done. The hardest part will be the adjustment period and time to figure out what is going to work best for you all. I'm sorry to hear your husband is not supportive :( Is there someone else that can be available to help you, even with your responsibilities outside of homeschooling (every little bit helps); friends/family/neighbors you trust? Also, if you're hubby is not going to help with homeschooling, what about household responsibilities, shopping, etc. Is he helping in those areas? I don't know how many children you have, or their ages, but have you thought about utilizing some of the online schools that are free? There's been some posting about them in our group that you could search for resources. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)