Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What pets do you have?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 11:26 AM
  • 31 Replies

Wondering what pets everyone has?

Do you ever use them as school lessons?

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)

by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SimplySonita
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 11:29 AM

We have Logan, a husky, inside.

Chloe, a chihuahua who is an indoor outdoor dog.

Minnie Pearl is an outdoor cat.

And we keep between 30-50 chickens.

We have used the chickens for a school lesson. Incubating eggs and watching them hatch is some great schooling!

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)

Powered by CafeMom Toolbar - Get yours today!

SuprMom12042702
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 11:42 AM
Four kids are enough on the pet front right now. We may get a dog or a cat once the younger two (19 months and 4 months) are house trained... I mean potty trained. Also we cant have pets in the house we are renting. But i eventually want to have chickens and animals heck maybe even a milk cow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BigSandyMom
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 11:52 AM

We have a Golden Lab named Goose (after Maverick's Wingman on Top Gun).  A cat named Holstein because he is black and white like a holstein cow.  And another cat named Memphis, because that is where I was born and raised.  We had a box turtle named Gazelle but finally set him back out into the wild as we were just afraid he wouldn't fair well in captivity. 

KelleyBamboo
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 12:08 PM
We have a cat named Goose, also Top Gun! :p

And a chihuahua named Ziggy, 'cause he kinda zigs and zags when he runs

Quoting BigSandyMom:

We have a Golden Lab named Goose (after Maverick's Wingman on Top Gun).  A cat named Holstein because he is black and white like a holstein cow.  And another cat named Memphis, because that is where I was born and raised.  We had a box turtle named Gazelle but finally set him back out into the wild as we were just afraid he wouldn't fair well in captivity. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BigSandyMom
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Cool a fellow Top Gunner!!  Most people hear us say we have a dog named Goose and think we are retarded, they just don't get it.  So it is great to see someone else who knows Goose the person and not just the bird!!

SouthernMama08
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 1:26 PM

We have a chihuahua named DaKota....and lots of fish. 

My son wants a kitten and I want another dog.

KelleyBamboo
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 2:00 PM
Haha right!? I haven't met anyone else who got it until now :)

Quoting BigSandyMom:

Cool a fellow Top Gunner!!  Most people hear us say we have a dog named Goose and think we are retarded, they just don't get it.  So it is great to see someone else who knows Goose the person and not just the bird!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FlyHippie
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 2:13 PM

My husband has two dogs. (I can't stand them and won't claim any part of them! LOL) and we have a cat and a rabbit.

No. The only lesson we got from the pets...hmmm...my kids say they'll never own a dog! LOL!

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 8:09 PM

We have a house full!!!  We have 3 dogs  Dixie (Black Lab) Koda (Wolf Hybrid) Padme (Rat Terrier).  We also have 4 cats (Recee, Winky, Shadow, and Sassy)  We also take in stray animals, get them needed medical care, and rehome them.  Its our new Mission.  :)  So We can have even more than the usual 7 at any given time.  LOL   Speaking of... if anyone is interested in following our Kitty and Critter Haven pages on FB and sharing with your friends, that would be wonderful!  We are looking to eventually open a non profit shelter :) 

http://www.facebook.com/pages/McKinney-Kitty-Haven/186196748098791

http://www.facebook.com/pages/McKinney-Critter-Haven/154521844616501

I don't know that we really use our pets as a typical school lesson but I would say they are learning something new about animals through them all the time :)

oredeb
by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 8:22 PM

we have a cat named dog. shes a lesson!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN