Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What do *you* like to do?

Posted by   + Show Post

If you actually had free time, (haha) what would you like to do? 

I love to read, sew, scrapbook (haven't done that in 2 years!), camp, sit on the deck and listen to music with hubby.  We love to take walks around the neighborhood, or go to the park and ride bikes. 

Before we had kids, I can't remember what we did!  Went to the movies, dinner, and camped? 

by on Jun. 14, 2011 at 1:25 PM
Replies (11-19):
oredeb
by on Jun. 15, 2011 at 12:42 PM

i like to work out in my garden, or sit and read out there, make soap, plan unit studies, sometimes bead, bake, go thru boxes and get rid of stuff, fiddle with my recipe book, work on my blogs, read other peoples blogs! play games, fish,

SouthernMama08
by on Jun. 15, 2011 at 1:18 PM

I LOVE scrapbooking.  Writing, playing on the internet.  Not big on TV or movies, but I do like playing games.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2011 at 10:17 AM

I love to read.  I really enjoy scrapbooking, but the only time I've done it in the past several years is when I was in bed after pneumonia and surgery, and I had some non physical down time.  My hubby and I listen to and play music.  I have some cross stitch and a rag rug put away in storage, but I can't remember the last time I worked on either of them!  I have been working in my garden and building shelves and planters for my new patio area.  Yesterday I painted the front door :).

swim-mom72
by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 3:15 PM

Quoting TigerofMu:

I love to read.  I really enjoy scrapbooking, but the only time I've done it in the past several years is when I was in bed after pneumonia and surgery, and I had some non physical down time.  My hubby and I listen to and play music.  I have some cross stitch and a rag rug put away in storage, but I can't remember the last time I worked on either of them!  I have been working in my garden and building shelves and planters for my new patio area.  Yesterday I painted the front door :).

wow! I wish I had your energy, LOL! I have a table I need to refinish due to water damage, photo albums that are 3 years behind, plants that need to be repotted, a bathroom that needs painted, and the list goes on and on :) I am not good at multitasking, LOL.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 16, 2011 at 3:39 PM

Ugh, I need to paint our bay window and trim around our walkout basement doors.  We also need to wash and seal our deck and put up a fence.  It's going to be a busy summer!

MommaChell
by on Jun. 17, 2011 at 10:41 AM

What you've mentioned sounds lovely. I would READ! I have so many books I work on as I can. I'd love to be able to read them all whenever I like for as long as I like. I'd also cook/bake and spend time experimenting in the kitchen uninterrupted. I'd organize, refinish some furniture, go shopping......wow, just too many things to list :)

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2011 at 1:15 PM

Quoting swim-mom72:

Quoting TigerofMu:

wow! I wish I had your energy, LOL! I have a table I need to refinish due to water damage, photo albums that are 3 years behind, plants that need to be repotted, a bathroom that needs painted, and the list goes on and on :) I am not good at multitasking, LOL.

I think I get frustrated when a job seems impossible because it is so big, so I break it down into pieces.  If I can do a piece, then move to a different project for awhile, it is better for me and doesn't seem so insurmountable.  I would really love to have a space where I could keep projects without having to put everything away every time, and easy access storage where I could keep parts and pieces...sometimes I don't get things out because I figure I'll have 15 minutes to work on them by the time I get it all out, and then I'll have to pack it all back up!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jun. 17, 2011 at 1:45 PM
Reading is a top on my list too. I've been devouring books at a dizzying rate. My Mom and my BF and I swap books back n forth. I find many for $2-3 at the book store.

Scouting is something I do as much for myself as for the kids.

I'm big on getting healthy right now. I make time to walk with my girlfriends a few times a week and to train in karate or to walk my dog and continue our training with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 17, 2011 at 10:18 PM
Oooh I love to cook/bake. I don't do it often Because I hate dishes. Guess what will soon be on the chore list for the 6 year old? Hahahhahaa jk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)