Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How to care for chickens??

Posted by   + Show Post
Okay, so I really want some chickens but I'm wondering - are they a LOT of work? I'd have to have them at my parents so i don't want to impose too much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 11:49 AM
Replies (11-15):
MedicMommy
by on Jun. 18, 2011 at 8:22 AM

Tilex mold and mildew remover

Quoting Boobah:

We got a pop up a few years ago. While I love it, they don't stay new long even if you don't use it often. Of I could do it over I'd have gotten a small trailer type one.
This one already leaks, has mildew on the bed bunks. It's depressing.

Anyone know how to get that mildew off?

Quoting MedicMommy:

Chickens are in my 5 year plan! (Hopefully much sooner though)
First we want to get a camper, so we can make it a point to do something one weekend a month just to reconnect with fun stuff.
We have 10 cats (and I'm sure I will adopt more before then...we take in strays and get them fixed and get their shots) I need to cat proof whatever I do with chickens!

I'm an anti-mainstream but not crunchy, homeschooling, big family wanting (but TTC for over 2 years), Christian, southern, weight watching, gentile disciplining, scrapbooking, blogging Momma http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/
And I probably need more coffee!

SimplySonita
by on Jun. 18, 2011 at 12:19 PM

We keep chickens usually between 30-50.. We keep ours in a pen my hubby built, just fron scrap wood and scrap wire. We buy feed for them and water them and gather eggs that all that is required daily. On occaision he treats them with something for mites or something, I don't know what.. but they really aren't any tru=ouble, just feed once a day, gather eggs...

we hatched some eggs recenty and that was fun and a great hands on lesson for the kids.

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)

Enter to win a writing prompts e-book and a chance at a $50 amazon gift card! Ends 6/22