Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

1ST Grade Reading

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 12:55 PM
  • 6 Replies

Can anyone give me a website or a program that I can work with over the summer for reading? I have been using Reading Eggs and Starfall but just need a little something else. Thanks Ladies. 

by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
hailnbray
by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 12:59 PM

time for learning is good but i always do a grade above cause its a little easy

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 6:38 PM

I was going to suggest Time4Learning as well.  Its affordable and keeps track of everything!!!  I didn't care for it with mine once we hit grade 3... but before then it was awesome!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 16, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Good post!  I am teaching first next year as well.  So far we're just planning on reading living books, and doing the all about spelling program for phonics and spelling.  They have an all about reading program to go with it, you might want to check it out!

wright1212
by on Jun. 17, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Lesson Pathways. I am actually doing a few of the K lessons first, then moving onto the 1st grade. I also have the book "homeschooling through the years guide" (that is not the exact name). It gives a good guide to skills checklist.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2011 at 1:39 PM

I've used Reading A-Z before and it is an excellent site.  I love Starfall too.  I just checked out a book at the library called "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)