Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Are you secular or religious in your homeschooling?

Posted by   + Show Post

My husband and kids are Catholic, I have never been baptized, but believe what I believe  ;)  I have no problem bringing a little religion into our homeschooling, but don't plan on incorporating it into every subject, and I do intend to teach about evolution as well as creation and all that jazz. 

Do you try to steer clear of religion in your schooling, bring it in as much as you can, a mix of both, or really don't think about it?

by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 3:45 PM
Replies (41-43):
jeng1980
by Member on Jun. 22, 2011 at 11:42 PM

We are doing My Father's World curriculum this year.  It's our 2nd year homeschooling but first year with MFW.  Last year we did Sonlight.  I believe MFW and Sonlight are about as close to Christian curriculum as you can get. :)  We love it that way.  I have to say though....I'm not religous.  I'm a Christian.

BusCaptainMama
by on Jun. 23, 2011 at 10:06 AM
We use some Christian materials, some secular. It's taught/applied to most all we do naturally. I do want to spend more time on Bible memory & teach them to study the Bible for themselves, not just read it. That's something I'm just really learning & wish I learned earlier!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SimplySonita
by on Jun. 23, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Very religous. I try to incorporate it into everything.

For me, my faith is a big part fo who I am, so much so that it permeates every part of my life, my views on everything. So it's just natural to incorporate it into everything in our homeschool. It's not that I won't use secular resources, just given the choice I'll choose Christian resources....

We do free and frugal homeschooling here, so...secular materials do get used...

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)
Forgive any typos-I have a broken finger!!!