Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Usborne Books...

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 3:46 PM
  • 8 Replies

A friend of mine is having a Usborne Books party, and a lot of the books on my "to get list" are also by Usborne.  Can anyone tell me more?  I had never even heard of it until I started homeschooling, now it seems they're everywhere! 

I have been able to find most books I need at the library or half price books, but is it worth it to have a party?

by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
misselphaba
by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 3:52 PM

For free books?!  Heck yeah!!!

Although I haven't had one and won't.  LOL  I don't do the party thing if I can help it.

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 16, 2011 at 6:35 PM

Years ago I had an Usborne book party, We got a few free books.  Didn't turn out to be a big party though.  Now you can get them in the stores like crazy.... How much do you have to sell to get free stuff?  Its been so long... I don't remember...

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 16, 2011 at 10:09 PM

See, I like parties :)  I hate the messes, but I love the party.  haha

I don't know how much you have to sell, I'll have to ask her.  It isn't worth it if it's only a free book or two.  I spend more than that in refreshments and time!

luvthesoap
by on Jun. 17, 2011 at 9:53 AM

HECK YEA! Have the party & get some free books! I use to sell it. I love all their books!

Betty in Ky

MommaChell
by on Jun. 17, 2011 at 10:13 AM

I recently heard about Usborne books, but haven't had time to look into it all. An acquaintance of mine is hosting a party. I plan on googing it.

BookLovingMom
by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi ladies!

Usborne Books are amazing, and so is the company!   They have been a blessing in my life for the past 10 years.  I would be happy to answer any questions about the books or the business opportunity. 

Bottom line, HOST A PARTY!  Excellent hostess benefits and August hostesses can be entered to win a FREE IPAD!  Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.  Happy reading!

Donna

lovekidsbooks@yahoo.com

http://www.usbornebooksinfo.com/

aerobean
by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 6:07 PM

I use the Alpha Omega curriculum and they list Usborne books frequently. I never heard of the party thing but I'm going to check it out!! Our local library never had them in stock so it was always a pain.

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 25, 2011 at 8:50 PM

I remember when you could only get them through home parties, now they are all over the place!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)