Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The dog ate my motivation.

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2011 at 10:09 PM
  • 11 Replies
Hah! We gave been keeping a dog for the last few nights to see if he will work out with our family.
Well we decided to keep him today. However I have not gotten a groove yet to where I can coordinate it all! We missed school (just handwriting is all we are doing) 2 days this week.

In his defense, I had a 2 hour dentist appointment today so that wasn't his fault. However he was mad I left so pooped all over his crate. Nice huh? (dh came home before me and found it. Yay! Lol)

So anywho, I'm wondering how I'm going to fit this dog care scenario into my wonderful plan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 17, 2011 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
misselphaba
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2011 at 10:12 PM

I'm sure he'll fit in.  He has to fit into the family and get into the family swing of things. 

I don't know.  I do not like dogs and we don't have one...yet ~ at least that's what everyone else says!  LOL

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 17, 2011 at 10:16 PM
You know the funny thing? I am not a dog person. I have said a million times I do not want a dog.

Guess who found him? Yep. Me. Lol

My friend fosters dogs that have been rescued from high kill shelters until they find a home. This one was getting to the end of his foster care and I saw his pic on Facebook. Fell in love. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 18, 2011 at 2:58 AM

Its a lot of work no doubt!  We have 3 dogs and 4 cats.  Only one of our dogs doesn't have some kind of "issue"  LOL  My little rat terrier is almost 2 and still poops in the house regular... litte terds, no huge thing... on the other hand... my Wolf Hybrid... We've had him about 4 months and he has huge anxiety issues so when I leave not only does he howl but he leaves me a nice pile of poop the size of a horse terd pile!  I love them reguardless, they make our lives happier even if they are a lot of work.   It might take many months but things will come together!  :) I'll pass on vibes that your doggy winds up like our lab... PERFECTO hehee  Hang in there!  They say people with pets live longer, happier lives! <HUGS>

MommaChell
by on Jun. 18, 2011 at 5:14 PM

I get my hands on enough poop with my two boys, so I don't need any doggie-doo just yet. My hub and I happily talk from time to time about when we adopt one and what it'll be like for our family. We'll be waiting till the kids are older and all more able to have some responsibilities and appriciate our furry kid...yes, only ONE! lol.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 18, 2011 at 10:15 PM
I'm definitely not planning on more. That's for sure! Julia is almost 6 and loved walking him around the yard. Once he calms down I'll have her start feeding him. Right now he practically knocks ME over. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 18, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Just curious... what kind of dog?   How big?  How old, etc

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 19, 2011 at 7:24 AM
He is a mix, they called him a coon hound?? He looks like a small German shepherd. He is 10-11 months old and is medium sized. They said he won't get much bigger. He is smaller than a lab.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 9:06 AM

Yes you do have your hands full then ;)... Always hard to bring an adult dog in and break bad habbits... but then  puppy habbits are a lot of work too!  LOL  You will get through it and dogs rock! :)  <hugs>

MedicMommy
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 10:08 AM

We have 3 dogs and 10 cats. The responsibility for feeding them and giving them water goes to our 6 year old. He also has to help make sure they're played with every day. Some days takes more reminding than others though~

Boobah, I wanna see a picture!

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2011 at 12:12 AM

I'm sorry I don't really have advice other than to try to help the dog follow a routine and just make sure you give him lots of security.  We have dogs, but I had my dog a long time before homeschooling...in fact, she's been around longer than my kids, so she already knew she was an important part of my life, and what the rules were.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)