Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Summer Reading Programs

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2011 at 12:32 AM
  • 6 Replies

I've taken note of several summer reading programs for various age groups that are offered by a number of organizations. Are your kids, or you, involved in any summer reading programs? Whats the motivation behind it for you and yours?

by on Jun. 18, 2011 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 18, 2011 at 1:48 AM

No summer reading programs here.... camp is taking up all of our time.   My kids are not big readers, I so wish they were!  They find it completely boring... :(  <pout>   I'm hoping this changes... I on the other hand would love to be in some kind of book club/reading program... Just no time right now :(  I've been working on the same book a good month now... <ugh>

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 18, 2011 at 8:09 AM
I have noticed a lot at the library we would like to do.
I am like pp, working on the same book and getting nowhere. I normally finish a book in 1-2 days but for some reason I just can't get through this one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cedailey
by on Jun. 18, 2011 at 12:26 PM

We are doing 7 reading programs this summer.  It's a chance to get them excited about their reading and a chance to get free books-we are getting over 20 new books this summer.

SimplySonita
by on Jun. 18, 2011 at 1:59 PM

we are doing most of the ones I listed here

Our motivation is free books to add to our collection and the love of reading. (notice free books came 1st LOL but the love of free books is fueled by our love of reading!)

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)
Forgive any typos-I have a broken finger!!!

Enter to win a writing prompts e-book and a chance at a $50 amazon gift card! Ends 6/22