Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Just wondering... do you ladies have any favorite shows you watch? 

I am a big Law & Order SVU fan... I'm currently catching up on all back episodes on Netflix.  LOL

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jun. 18, 2011 at 3:01 AM
Replies (11-14):
TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2011 at 12:24 AM

My husband and I turn the tv on at night as background noise to fall asleep to...actually, we'll start watching a show together, but one or both of us is often asleep by the time it is finished!  We do DVR several shows that we enjoy watching, though we are VERY disappointed that Chase is off the air.  That was one of the best new shows this year!!!

We have discovered a new show that we absolutely love.  In fact, we'll joke with each other, "Would Dave and Cody do it this way?".  It's called "Dual Survival" with Dave Canterbury and Cody Lundin.  

Other shows we DVR (and are waiting for new seasons for most of them) are: Criminal Minds, NCIS, Blue Bloods, and Memphis Beat (just started the new season).

We used to watch Leverage together, but he's bored with it, so I usually dvr and watch by myself.

I also DVR Hawaii 5-0, NCIS Los Angeles, CSI New York and Army Wives.  I watch them on nights when I can't sleep or the occasional veg day when we all hang out in our pj's and relax all day, or when I'm sorting laundry!  

I also dvr'd and watched a short series this year, called "Why Not? With Shania Twain".  I'm not a big reality tv person, but it was kind of neat.  

MedicMommy
by on Jun. 20, 2011 at 6:34 AM

Quoting MommaChell:

I watch on Hulu; House, Grey's Anatomy, Parenthood, Bones, Desperate Housewives, Raising Hope, 30 Rock, The Office, Fringe...that's just to name a few. I also watch some favorites on there that are no longer airing. My hub and I miss watching Lost and Inuyasha. I have some recommendations from friends to check out It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, as well as, a few other's; I haven't gotten around to them yet. There's one I'm wanting to check out called Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. I rarely find time to watch anything, which is actually okay, since I usually have plenty of shows to watch at will when I have the time.

OK, so I'm always hearing about hulu. How does it work? Someone said that they had to start paying for it now? We are really thinking of getting rid of cable, but there are some shows I don't want to give up. (Shameful, I know)

I'm an anti-mainstream but not crunchy, homeschooling, big family wanting (but TTC for over 2 years), Christian, southern, weight watching, gentile disciplining, scrapbooking, blogging Momma http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/
And I probably need more coffee!

oredeb
by on Jun. 20, 2011 at 11:13 AM

i watch mostly in the evening if i watch, house hunter, barefoot contessa, bbc stuff(netflics) mystery playhouse i think its called, and the candleford series, maybe thats hallmark i think its called oh yes and news also trailblazer basketball when its basketball season.

swim-mom72
by on Jun. 20, 2011 at 1:13 PM

Ok, so I have 2 HUGE guilty pleasures. I am undeniably addicted to Game of Thrones and True Blood on HBO. *hanging head in shame*

My husband and I love watching Criminal Minds, SVU and Criminal Intent. And we are totally bummed they are ending Criminal Intent! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)