Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Memberships

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2011 at 7:48 AM
  • 13 Replies

What groups (particularly homeschooling) do you belong to? I'm contemplating what to do for next year, and curious about insight.

In SC we have to have accountability. So I know I will be in an accountability group, and I'm thinking HSLDA (of course) as well as a local support group. I just don't want to over do it.

I'm an anti-mainstream but not crunchy, homeschooling, big family wanting (but TTC for over 2 years), Christian, southern, weight watching, gentile disciplining, scrapbooking, blogging Momma http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/
And I probably need more coffee!

by on Jun. 18, 2011 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuprMom12042702
by on Jun. 18, 2011 at 10:27 AM
What part of sc are you from if you dont mind me asking. I am in the upstate part.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jun. 18, 2011 at 10:34 AM
We do use a charter school so technically we are public school. However, I belong to two homeschool groups for. Activities and social events.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SimplySonita
by on Jun. 18, 2011 at 12:26 PM

How close are you to GA, I'm on 30 miles form SC line.

I belong to HSLDA, and several local/state groups. I belong to a local parents group, local playgroup and 2 state wide groups. I'm not very active in the groups but the local ones are a great resource to find out about cool local field trips.

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)
Forgive any typos-I have a broken finger!!!

Enter to win a writing prompts e-book and a chance at a $50 amazon gift card! Ends 6/22

Powered by CafeMom Toolbar - Get yours today!

MedicMommy
by on Jun. 18, 2011 at 12:26 PM

Quoting SuprMom12042702:

What part of sc are you from if you dont mind me asking. I am in the upstate part.

We're in Midstate. Sumter-ish area

I'm an anti-mainstream but not crunchy, homeschooling, big family wanting (but TTC for over 2 years), Christian, southern, weight watching, gentile disciplining, scrapbooking, blogging Momma http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/
And I probably need more coffee!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 18, 2011 at 2:08 PM
I belong to hslda and Christian home educators of Cincinnati. Well, I will later today. Lol
I'm going to be joining a Charlotte mason group locally I just found out about today as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikki0522
by Member on Jun. 18, 2011 at 9:23 PM

I belong to Homeschool Legal Advantage (similar to HSLDA) and I run a weekly homeschool group. I have also joined several local homeschool boards on Yahoo Groups.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 18, 2011 at 10:17 PM
Hmmm that sounds familiar. I might be that one instead of hslda. I'll have to check! I got a free membership at the Cincinnati Midwest homeschool convention.

Quoting nikki0522:

I belong to Homeschool Legal Advantage (similar to HSLDA) and I run a weekly homeschool group. I have also joined several local homeschool boards on Yahoo Groups.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikki0522
by Member on Jun. 18, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Quoting Boobah:

Hmmm that sounds familiar. I might be that one instead of hslda. I'll have to check! I got a free membership at the Cincinnati Midwest homeschool convention.

Quoting nikki0522:

I got it as a free membership, so it might be the one you have.

Follow my homeschool blog! Click here

Join The Homeschoolers Cafe - Group Admin

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 18, 2011 at 11:17 PM

No memberships here..... its pretty easy in Fl so I don't worry too much...

luvthesoap
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 11:13 AM

I m a member of Homeschool Legal Advantage, and a local co-op. I also am memebrs of many online homeschooling groups.( Yahoo & Cafe Moms)

Betty in Ky

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)