Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Anyone have children with Learning Disabilities? 

My oldest was diagnosed with long and short term memory retention issues... though this last year he's improved GREATLY!  My 9yr old is on the Autism Spectrum and we struggle daily on so many levels.  He is barely reading... its 2 steps forward and 1 step back but oh how far he's come in so many ways!  :) 

Married, Self Employed, Homeschooling mom to 4 amazing boys!

Matthew (11) Andrew (9) Jordan (7) and Devon (2)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

by on Jun. 18, 2011 at 11:58 PM
Replies (11-14):
lorenavh1
by on Jun. 21, 2011 at 12:14 PM

My son has ADHD and every day is a challenge for us because he cant focus or sit still he has trouble concentrating or paying attention and everythings he learns he forgets literally the next minute. we take it day by day minute by minute just hoping he gets better he writes like a 5 yr old cant read thruly its very hard but we will get thru this.... I hope hehe

Lorena Harrington 

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 21, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Quoting luvthesoap:

Yes. Excatly.hr has the knowledge in his head, but cn't put it down on paper. Also, he can't use textbooks very well. He can read the info on the page, but it gets "lost" when he tries to transfere thr answers to notebook paper. What is really bad that he hates worktexts. We use a lot of unit studies, and I quiz him orally.

Betty in Ky

Thanks for filling me in :)

Follow me to http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079 to meet other Homeschooling Moms!

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 21, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Quoting lorenavh1:

My son has ADHD and every day is a challenge for us because he cant focus or sit still he has trouble concentrating or paying attention and everythings he learns he forgets literally the next minute. we take it day by day minute by minute just hoping he gets better he writes like a 5 yr old cant read thruly its very hard but we will get thru this.... I hope hehe

Lorena Harrington 

Lorena- I feel your pain...  My 9 yr old on the Autism Spectrum can sit still but everything he learns he fogets the next day as well.  Only when it comes to reading though.  :(  Math, Science, anything he's interested in he does ok with...

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 22, 2011 at 8:07 AM

We currently don't have any I know of.  I have debated on offering to homeschool my nephew along with my daughter.  He has ADHD and has some behavior problems with his parents.  He's had a pretty rough life so far, and I really think getting him the heck out of the city schools would change things drastically. 

His parents would never go for it though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN