Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

looking for a home school for my sons

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 1:06 AM
  • 12 Replies

I live in alabama and I cannot find one I can afford.My sons are going to be in the 6th and 10th grades next year.Plz help!!

by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2queenie2004
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 8:55 AM

Are you looking for a private school or are you planning on homeschooling. If you are homeschooling, you will be teaching them. Curriculum varies in cost, and some people can find many free resources online.

ann202124
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 10:41 AM

I am looking for a home school .I cannot afford private school.I nees suggestions

mom2queenie2004
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 2:16 PM

For homeschool you would be the teacher at your home. Are you looking for curriculum ideas and options?

ann202124
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 2:54 PM

yes I have no Idea where to start the online schools in alabama are outragious I need to know where to start.

mom2queenie2004
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 3:47 PM

Hmm... Alabama law is a bit confusing from what I have just looked over.... it looks like you might have to go through a church or find a tutor???

Anyone else HS in AL and can help her out?

here is what I on AL Hsing lawfoundhttp://homeschooling.gomilpitas.com/laws/blAL.htm

I checked out hslda.org too but it was confusing to me

SimplySonita
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 4:28 PM

If I recal correctly I've haad this discussion before. In Alabama isn't the only homeschoolign option to b 'under' a relgious cover school? I think the problem addressed before was that the family wasn't religious and didn't feel okay signing the required statement of faitht hat most schools required.

I would suggest contacting HSLDA or at the very least check yahoo groups or your local library for local homeschooling groups, just because you're more likely to find this type of info from a local group.

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)
Forgive any typos-I have a broken finger!!!

Enter to win a writing prompts e-book and a chance at a $50 amazon gift card! Ends 6/22