Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Boxtops for homeschoolers?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 7:32 AM
  • 15 Replies
I recently got an email from one of the homeschool legal companies saying they won a case regarding box tops for homeschoolers.

Does that mean we can now save and redeem box tops?!?! That would be awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 7:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RheaF
by Member on Jun. 19, 2011 at 7:34 AM

IDK? That would be awsome though!!

LauretteLynn
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 8:00 AM

Can you provide details on this?  One of the local groups here was doing boxtops and trying to raise funding for the home ed coop.  I was typically not a supporter of boxtops but I'm curious to hear more about what this case is, and what it means for home educators.

Thanks ;)

mommyflynn
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 8:03 AM

BUMP!

countjb
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 8:28 AM

I've never heard of it, but would be interested in more information.

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 9:03 AM

Oh that would be very cool!  I thought they already did this?  I know a homeschooling group I was in years ago asked people to save them... I'm clueless really.

MedicMommy
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 10:03 AM

Our support group saves them. I don't know about saving them individually as a family, but I'm curious

hailnbray
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 10:17 AM

i have no idea but i cant see how this could work. we would have parents all over pretending to homeschool for a few box tops

countjb
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Maybe that could be preventing by having the homeschooling families submitting box tops include proof of homeschooling with their box tops. I have a letter from our county, and yearly review documents.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 19, 2011 at 9:28 PM
I'm not sure. I'll try to find the email. I think it was homeschool legal advantage that took and won the case. Although info believe it was a group, not an individual family. But how would that be fair? Ill keep you updated when infind out more. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sclampy
by on Jun. 20, 2011 at 9:17 AM

I think recognized homeschool groups (such as co-ops) are able to collect and redeem box tops but not individual homeschoolers. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN