Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Happy Father's Day! A Homeschooling Dads Discussion, and a poll

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 4:07 PM
  • 6 Replies

Poll

Question: Does you significant other help you in homeschooling your children?

Options:

Yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 9

View Results

What does the man of your house do when it comes to your homeschooling? What do you think motivates him and how do you handle getting him involved?

If you're significant other isn't helping with homeshcool, what other ways does he help you with your daily load at home? 

by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SimplySonita
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 4:20 PM

When my hubbyw as unemployeed he helped with homeschool a great deal. He did science and social studdies, helped with 2 classes at co-op, etc.

Now that he works long hours he doesn't take full responsibility for a subject but he always takes time to answer questions and will watch documenteries with the kids and talk about them with them.

Sonita-Homeschooling mama to Ephram (7) & Malachi (4)
Forgive any typos-I have a broken finger!!!

Enter to win a writing prompts e-book and a chance at a $50 amazon gift card! Ends 6/22

Powered by CafeMom Toolbar - Get yours today!

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 4:23 PM

My husband schools the boys on his days off.  :)  He also helps keep things up around the house (when I make a list) LOL 

MedicMommy
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 7:24 PM

He will help, but using my suggestions. With my upcoming surgery and the potential infertility treatments (hopefully followed by pregnancy that will undoubtedly be high risk due to my history) he's gotta step in. But it's easy, because we are pretty child led.

oredeb
by on Jun. 20, 2011 at 11:22 AM

yes!!!! without him i couldnt do it!

luvthesoap
by on Jun. 21, 2011 at 9:43 AM

I'm terrible at teaching ( and doing) math. My hubby helps teach the lessons. I don't know wht i would do without him! He also help with housework. sometimes he cooks, but not too often.

Betty in ky

MommaChell
by on Jun. 22, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Awesome all!

My hubby helps mostly by lending a hand with the household stuffs. For now, we're usually done with any structures school time by the time he gets home. It's amazing how much he can help just by doing a few little things. 
I like the idea of making a list and letting him do what he's able, good suggestions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN